Video: What kind of "hia" would dare to drive this mother of overloaded pick-ups!

webfact

7 hours ago, Artisi said:

the load could have been better a little more forward, maybe the first time for this driver - but he'll learn.

His first time driving or first time driving with such a long load? ????

42 minutes ago, Rod the Sod said:

Incorrect - there is a legal limit. I remember studying it for my road license exam in BKK

There is no length limit out the back. I remember this studying for my road license exam in BKK.

Note there is a vertical limit of 5 meters which maybe you are thinking of. You won't find people going higher than that for very long otherwise they'll be hitting power lines and bridges.

18 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

I think that the load will move forward during the journey each time he applies the brakes.

This one is my favourite:

The handlers are donkeys also - why unload from the front? Duh!

Stupid is as stupid does!

(Forrest Gump)

You can't cure "stupid" but the police have the power to keep these idiots out of harms way, either to other members of the community or to themselves !!

This is purely a result of policing at a minimal level and Thai's taking full advantage !!

20 hours ago, SunsetT said:

....But Thailand has competition:

Not sure about that. Many people think China is where most of the stupid comes from. And the disregard for law. And the greed. And the lack of manners. And the 'me first' mentality.

And most flu's.

All a bit depressing really...

4 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

One of the things I love about Thailand is this sort of spectacle - it's so different from my home country where rules and laws are vigorously enforced!

It's not as if the driver was endangering anyone - unless they were stupid enough to get near the rear end of his vehicle.

Thing is  he most likely got the vehicle up about 120 going down the road

then jumps on the brakes to do a  left turn.

Sure he cares and would  never endanger others on the road. :stoner:

as they dodge that lot flying through the air at them. :coffee1:

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 9:44 AM, HalfLight said:

Not sure about that. Many people think China is where most of the stupid comes from. And the disregard for law. And the greed. And the lack of manners. And the 'me first' mentality.

And most flu's.

All a bit depressing really...

Makes a change! Most people attribute everything bad to Muslims! Lighten up HalfLight! With all the depressing news in the World, enjoy a few humourous photos and smile........????.

Edited by SunsetT

42 minutes ago, SunsetT said:

Makes a change! Most people attribute everything bad to Muslims! Lighten up HalfLight! With all the depressing news in the World, enjoy a few humourous photos and smile........????.

Right. Got that. Will lightening up make things which are true into things that are not true? Lightening up means taking on some Polyanna and living in a fool's paradise. I think on balance I'd sooner see things as they are. If I wanted to be a muppet, I'd grow a longer nose and call myself Gonzo.

How about pointing out where (if) posts are wrong rather than casting aspersions? Might be more useful.

7 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

Right. Got that. Will lightening up make things which are true into things that are not true? Lightening up means taking on some Polyanna and living in a fool's paradise. I think on balance I'd sooner see things as they are. If I wanted to be a muppet, I'd grow a longer nose and call 'yself Gonzo.

How about pointing out where (if) posts are wrong rather than casting aspersions? Might be more useful.

So you think people with a sense of humour are muppets do you? Or is it just me you want to insult? How am I casting aspersions? What 'wrongs' should I be pointing out? Rather presumptious isnt it to think u know what I point out about all forum posts? I think I take life more seriously than most but it doesnt stop me from also having a sense of humour. One can be/have both you know.

• Like 2

"So you think people with a sense of humour are muppets do you?"

A bit of a sweeping generalisation. Not saying it isn't true, mind, just a bit sweeping, and it isn't really what I said anyway.

"Or is it just me you want to insult?"

Straw man

"How am I casting aspersions?"

You really need me to point that out? Seriously?

"What 'wrongs' should I be pointing out? "

Never mind... It just went into the "Not worth the candle" basket.

"Rather presumptious isnt it to think u know what I point out about all forum posts? I think I take life more seriously than most but it doesnt stop me from also having a sense of humour. One can be/have both you know."

Right. Have a great day.