Ret Visa Ext Phuket Update

Good thing is we will be hearing reports after the 1st on what is going to happen.

I just left Immigration doing my 90 day report and asked about my extension next March.

The guy told me I only needed to bring the paper from the American embassy? Hope he is right.

37 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

“Copy of ATM card (from US bank)”?

Why?  Did he want a copy of the back as well?  The back has the security code.  

Maybe the immigration officer wanted to make a few purchases from Amazon...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

“Copy of ATM card (from US bank)”?

Why?

Copy of ATM card is required in pension method for many years.

Basic requirement is that the foreigner can have enough cash whenever necessary here in Thai. Pension will be sent to the bank account in her/his home country. So Thai officer want to confirm that the foreigner can withdraw cash here in Thai with international ATM card.
Only front side will be required. Back side with signature and security code will not be required.

By the way, if it is THB 800,000./ 400,000. in Thai bank method, the foreigner can withdraw cash with passport and passbook. Of course, ATM card can be used. But it is not required to show it.

34 minutes ago, XD1 at Phuket said:

Copy of ATM card is required in pension method for many years.

Basic requirement is that the foreigner can have enough cash whenever necessary here in Thai. Pension will be sent to the bank account in her/his home country. So Thai officer want to confirm that the foreigner can withdraw cash here in Thai with international ATM card.
Only front side will be required. Back side with signature and security code will not be required.

By the way, if it is THB 800,000./ 400,000. in Thai bank method, the foreigner can withdraw cash with passport and passbook. Of course, ATM card can be used. But it is not required to show it.

If the balance of the foreign account is not required a picture of the card is useless.