Savannakhet SETV recent info required.

Has anyone in the last few weeks acquired a SETV and were they actually asked for an onward flight ticket??

Trying to miss the Ghandi crowd scenes of Vientiane,and much prefer Savannakhet if I can avoid the purchase of an outbound ticket.

Latest reports appreciated. 

Thanks

Search facility here only showing reports a few months ago.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, finy said:

Just buy a cheap Air Asia ticket and reclaim airport tax when you miss flight.

Costs about 160 baht.

Cheapest bookable ticket I found was 1295 bt, Thai Lion to Rangon.

It may well be the cost i pay for avoiding the extra mayhem of Vientiane... with two closures next week it could be very busy.

Book Air Asia Hat Yai to KL.

After the flight leaves fill in an airport tax return form.

You'll get nearly all your money back.

When looking at Air Asia flights look at the airport tax number. That is what you'll be able to claim back. It can be higher than actual flights themselves on certain routes.

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

Their website is woefully out of date.

An up-to-date list of requirements would be very useful.

The official requirements are still a bank statement showing 20k bt and an onward ticket, however reports six months ago suggested people without either were sent off to get a bank statement but didnt produce an onward ticket.

After some feedback from a trip within the last month or so.

2 hours ago, finy said:

Book Air Asia Hat Yai to KL.

After the flight leaves fill in an airport tax return form.

You'll get nearly all your money back.

When looking at Air Asia flights look at the airport tax number. That is what you'll be able to claim back. It can be higher than actual flights themselves on certain routes.

Nice idea but I tried it and never got my money back from AirAsia.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, finy said:

Really? I get it back all the time, including 3 days ago.

Only takes 2 minutes to fill out the form.

Care to explain "the form" in more detail? I tried the online form which didn't work so I used their online customer care and was assured the refund would be made but it never was.

• Like 1

Their are bookable bus tickets to Cambodia for circa 800 bt.

If you have bank statements etc and the right humble attitude they probably wont ask for a ticket.

It would be helpful to have some recent feedback, but appears not to be available.

2 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

Care to explain "the form" in more detail? I tried the online form which didn't work so I used their online customer care and was assured the refund would be made but it never was.

When you're signed in, click on Customer Support > Email Us > Type Of Feedback: Select Refund - Airport Tax.

Then just fill in details from your flight details: booking number, flight number, time, etc.

Select to refund back to credit card (even if you used debit) you bought ticket with.

Hit submit and they'll email you 3-7 days later saying refund processed and sent to bank. Should be in account a few days after that. I mentioned this in a message someone sent earlier, but I got UK 18 back from a UK 24 ticket, so it's pretty good to have just in case considering it costs about 250 baht.

Edited by finy
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, sapson said:

Their are bookable bus tickets to Cambodia for circa 800 bt.

If you have bank statements etc and the right humble attitude they probably wont ask for a ticket.

It would be helpful to have some recent feedback, but appears not to be available.

I was there a short while ago.

They looked through all my forms. I had my fingers crossed.