Where can a dog swim around Pattaya ? Most quiet beach ? What if not beach ? Lake ? Reservoir ?

pehice

Not trying to argue with pastprime but that area of "beach" is infested with aggressive soi dogs.  I can't take my dog for a walk there as all the dogs bark and attack her.  Literally when we get out of the car at least 20 dogs come running over to sniff some butt etc.  I've been bit there myself.  Not a bad area but I don't take my dog there anymore.  

Maprachan reservoir is as full as I've ever seen it.  There are several areas around there where you can park and I'm sure the dog can swim.  

12.948913, 100.974346

Another option is the Border Jack dog resort.  They have a pool for dogs.  

http://www.bjdogresort.com/home/index.html

12 minutes ago, action said:

Maprachan reservoir is as full as I've ever seen it.  There are several areas around there where you can park and I'm sure the dog can swim.  

12.948913, 100.974346

+1. Is that the coordinates for where the football pitch is? Used that area a few times and a good area to throw a ball as well as for swimming.

I also used to use the other end of the lake - follow SSCC road until you see an entrance on the left. Park around there then walk diagonally down through the woods to the water. The tracks through the trees sometimes used by cyclists/off roaders. Also be aware of people fishing. The dogs loved it!

38 minutes ago, action said:

Not trying to argue with pastprime but that area of "beach" is infested with aggressive soi dogs.  I can't take my dog for a walk there as all the dogs bark and attack her.  Literally when we get out of the car at least 20 dogs come running over to sniff some butt etc.  I've been bit there myself.

Maybe they're sniffing the butts to see if it's clean enough for some backdoor action? I've never been there myself and have no interest in going down that route.

• Haha 1

The lake is far too far for me,  the beach is close 10 mins max, few dogs not many,mostly friendly after visit or two,  no problems,usually at 6/1 sit on chairs provided for half hour or so,take some food for them as well,nice early morn before heat

Edited by pastprime
sp

5 hours ago, action said:

Not trying to argue with pastprime but that area of "beach" is infested with aggressive soi dogs.  I can't take my dog for a walk there as all the dogs bark and attack her.  Literally when we get out of the car at least 20 dogs come running over to sniff some butt etc.  I've been bit there myself.  Not a bad area but I don't take my dog there anymore.  

12.948913, 100.974346

Another option is the Border Jack dog resort.  They have a pool for dogs.  

http://www.bjdogresort.com/home/index.html

100% do not let your dog swim in Mabprachan, it is full of very dangerous weed that your dog will get tangled in. Humans have been caught out by this and drowned.

I would recommend baan amphur beach... Easy to park, wide beach, gentle slope, quiet, few rocks, (btw, bring a poop scooper, it's also a family friendly beach!)
Bahn amphur had quite a few "resident" pooches who aren't always very welcoming.

2 minutes ago, johng said:
6 hours ago, eddie61 said:
I would recommend baan amphur beach... Easy to park, wide beach, gentle slope, quiet, few rocks, (btw, bring a poop scooper, it's also a family friendly beach!)

Bahn amphur had quite a few "resident" pooches who aren't always very welcoming.

Sons of bitches!

• Haha 1