New tires for my CB500F

Poppadom

Hi guys,

Time to buy new tires for my CB500F. Mostly city/island use with occasional Phang-Nga runs. Ride quite dynamically at times and barely have any chicken strips left on my stock Dunlops. Been looking at:

-Metzeler Roadtec Z8's and

-Pirelli Angel GT's mostly, but were recommended

-Metzeler Sportec M5's by Motoaddict here in Phuket. I guess because that's what they have in stock. I'd be okay with them, but mileage is significantly lower than on those listed above. (As per reviews online)

Any comments/recommendations? Thanks in advance!

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

I usually stick with what I've got to know and are happy with you don't sound like you need any help if costs are irrelevant.

I meant based on actual experience with said tires. Don't think I should be a cheap charlie when it comes to tires and we fund car/motorbike related expenses 50-50% with wife anyway. ????

I liked the Pirelli Rosso 2 on my CBR500R. Now there's the Rosso 3 which are very popular and improved all around. You'll get better lifetime out of the Angel GT of course. Tires last quite a lot of km for me in Thailand because the roads are not very abrasive but one has to be careful and park the bike in shadow as much as possible because the sun destroys the rubber quicker than the asphalt wears it down for me so I like to lean on the more aggressive models because they provide better grip and anything that improves safety is a real asset in Phuket/Thailand. Though not too aggressive. I see some people using slicks, that's more dangerous than it helps

You can ask also the shop next to Bigwing, I had a good experience with them when I needed new tires for my Africa Twin (got Metzeler Tourance Next).

Good to know MotoAddict are still around. I thought they disappeared when I saw their shop on Bypass Road closed. Seems like they just moved towards Phuket Town.

5 minutes ago, Poppadom said:

I meant based on actual experience with said tires. Don't think I should be a cheap charlie when it comes to tires and we fund car/motorbike related expenses 50-50% with wife anyway. ????

I understand what you mean and all three tyre makes you mention are good and there's many more the same.

It would have to be you to determine which one and your riding style and feed back from those tyres you get not someone else.

The make is unimportant to me, the feel and feed back is, I like a tyre that gives a warning the type that do that for me are Dunnies & Bridge types.