Necessary docos for Stat Dec at Oz Embassy

You can download it HERE in Microsoft Doc form so you can type it out or fill it out by hand, I have had it saved on my computer for years, if you fill it out beforehand, don't sign it before you get there.

They accept Thai bank debit cards, not just credit cards, I'm in there Thursday for my last one

As a point of fact - I called and emailed the Embassy yesterday (3/12/18) to discuss this issue as I do not have a credit card in Thailand and I was clearly advised both verbally and later by email that if I bought the exact amount of Thai Baht cash with me for a Stat Dec signature (tbh1620) that would be OK - it seems like the issue of them having to give out change is the problem - correct cash amount was definitely OK.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, is your DEC accurate or just to satisfy thai imm. Only asking as I suspect the majority of statements made are not. I'm au also. 

I doubt if he would tell you that its not accurate, especially on a public forum, as that would then be a criminal offence in Australia.

• Haha 1

I doubt if he would tell you that its not accurate, especially on a public forum, as that would then be a criminal offence in Australia.

I've heard this line trotted out before. Wouldn't happen in real world. But all this is off topic, so will leave it. Fact is he needs not even bring a pen to embassy, just pp

• Sad 2

I've heard this line trotted out before. Wouldn't happen in real world. But all this is off topic, so will leave it. Fact is he needs not even bring a pen to embassy, just pp

What world are you living in? And if off topic why post in first place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They don't give you a stat dec - you write one and take it to them for stamping as evidence that it is you who prepared it. They do not verify that you have the funds that you claim to have, only that you confirmed that you are making the claim. You need to go to the Embassy in Bangkok, or see them when they make one of their periodic visits to Chiang Mai, Phuket, etc. which I guess are over for the year.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DUNROAMIN said:

Visited the Oz embassy 3 December for stat dec to be signed, definitely no cash transactions now, sign up in foyer clearly states payment must by credit or debit card with thai bank card.

Geezus dunroamin,

I posted the information in my post a few days ago in good faith after phoning and emailing the Consular Service area of the Australian Embassy late last week and being informed both verbally and with written confirmation that the EXACT amount of cash WILL BE accepted if you DO NOT have a credit card. 

If you want a copy of the email just PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

I will post confirmation of the cash payment later next week after I go for my appointment.

The amount of ill-informed comments presented by some on these forums is simply staggering

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 8:15 AM, HalC said:

Geezus dunroamin,

I posted the information in my post a few days ago in good faith after phoning and emailing the Consular Service area of the Australian Embassy late last week and being informed both verbally and with written confirmation that the EXACT amount of cash WILL BE accepted if you DO NOT have a credit card. 

If you want a copy of the email just PM me your email address and I'll send it to you.

I will post confirmation of the cash payment later next week after I go for my appointment.

The amount of ill-informed comments presented by some on these forums is simply staggering

I just posted what happened to me, I turned up with cash and could pay the exact amount, and I got the response from the thai woman working behind the counter, can you pay by card as we do not except cash anymore, what more can I say, not ill-informed , actual fact. I think as per usual one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Go figure, I personally don't give a shit about the Embassy anymore, as they do next to nothing for you and rip you off with outrageous costs. Hopefully that was my last visit. That's my vent for the day, cheers.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:20 PM, DUNROAMIN said:

I just posted what happened to me, I turned up with cash and could pay the exact amount, and I got the response from the thai woman working behind the counter, can you pay by card as we do not except cash anymore, what more can I say, not ill-informed , actual fact. I think as per usual one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing. Go figure, I personally don't give a shit about the Embassy anymore, as they do next to nothing for you and rip you off with outrageous costs. Hopefully that was my last visit. That's my vent for the day, cheers.

What's wrong with you blokes, can't you read English - this is not about anything other then this - if you DO NOT HAVE A CREDIT CARD I have been informed both verbally and by email from consular services at the embassy that they WILL INFACT TAKE CASH - If you DO HAVE a credit card then they want you to use it - do you get it yet ? 

If you ain't got a credit card then you can't use a credit card can you ?

I actually thought they would have instructed me to raise a Thai Bank Cheque made out to the Australian Embassy but NO - they said exact cash will be OK. 

I am going there this week and I will pay cash and I will post again to confirm that. I posted what I did for those blokes that do not have a credit card so these individuals need to take the exact cash amount. Please don't confuse this anymore - no card = exact cash.