Age for Car Registration at DLT?

Mattd

I am about to purchase a secondhand car for my son, who is 19 years old, does anybody know if the car can be registered in his name in the blue book, or does he have to be 20 to be able to do this?

Seems a bit daft that you can obtain a license and drive at the age of 18, but cannot register a vehicle until aged 20.

I'd rather register it in his name if possible, as apart from the hassle of registering it in my name, it would mean the inevitable speeding tickets will be sent to me!!!

39 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

I found a couple of statements that say it is possible but only with consent from the parents (legal care).

It's no reference sources just Thai forums but it sounds plausible.

Thanks, the car we are buying currently has finance on it via K bank, so have to clear this first and I am told by the seller that K Bank will take care of the transfer, I will get my son to ask them when we go to pay off the finance balance, I'll have my passport with me and a copy of the KR.6 which confirms I have custody etc.

I am about to purchase a secondhand car for my son, who is 19 years old, does anybody know if the car can be registered in his name in the blue book,

Ask nicely to at your nearest DLT office the only way as I see it.

Archived