Tesco Lotus dilemma

meinphuket

23 hours ago, Crossy said:

Back to normal tomorrow.

Tesco Lotus renaged on their original pledge to end plastic bags for good ????

Are you serious? TL has bags again?

I went to Big C yesterday, tried to buy many items, went to the cashier. I gave cashier the money, then she says no bags. I say, no buy, give money back. Money is returned and leave everything for cashier.

There was no advanced notices posted at the store. No bags for sale at the cashier.

In my opinion, no bags is a ridiculous policy.

• Like 2

Yea....Lotus does this once a month or so.  4 Dec was a no plastic bag day.    I've run into the same no plastic day thing at Big C occassionally....always a one day thing. 

The Thai govt is driving all big retailers to try to cut plastic bag usage.  But let's not worry about durn near all the grocery products sold come in plastic packaging.  Buy vegetables/fruit and they put them in clear plastic bags.  Etc....etc....etc.

it was just tescos and 7/11 that got involved in the plastic bag moratorium...went to get my usual vodka and ice today at the corner shop and someone pulled out a plastic bag outta habit...I waved it away and stuffed the goods down me backpack like I usually do...ate some seaweed crisps and shuffled off down the road...

a lotta folks expect the bags as part of what ye pay for and not having any will take a lot of getting used to for both check out staff and customers...constructive forethought ain't sumpin' that the locals are used to...probably need armed thugs in riot gear to get the message across...

'hey, man...didn't I see youse down at my immigration office?'

1 hour ago, ZachBrodsky said:

Yep that's the way to solve it! It will only take people a week or so to adapt, the key though is that we don't keep buying hundreds of re-usable bags. Got to remember to bring them with you to the store! Lots of things one can criticize, but trying to reduce the out of control plastic obsession in Thailand is surely not one of them.

same in the UK, just gotta remember to take a bag for life, i forget when i go back but soon start to remember

• Like 2