Proof of address for retirement visa

Hello guys,

I went to Immigration at Chaeng Watana today to ask about the document requirements for the 1 year retirement visa I am planning to apply for next week. I am over 50, entered with a 3 month visa 2 months ago and I already have the money in the bank for 6 months. I was not able to speak with an officer as I would have to wait for 2 hours only for a couple of questions. I was given a paper from a trainee at L8 desk, she could not clarify any questions. In the requirements there is no mention of proof of address, only in the TM7 application form I have to fill in my address details. Is there really no need to provide any proof of address ? I have rented with my girlfriend an apartment in the Sukhumvit area and the landlord insisted that the contract should be done in her name as I did not yet have a long term visa and that he would change it to my name after I get the 1 year visa from immigration. Any comments or advice welcome. Thanks in advance

Edited by Sam8521

When I applied for and obtained my first retirement visa two years ago I was asked for no proof of residence. The only address information was on the TM.7 form. The renewal last year was the same. But when I went into the main office in Bangkok last Thursday to renew I was told I needed a map with my location marked on it.

• Like 1

I applied for an extension a month or so ago. I needed to have a receipt for a TM30 and a map, and my lease. And Immi came to visit. I got my 90 days and will be going back for my one year extension in a few weeks.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 10:00 PM, Geode said:

When I applied for and obtained my first retirement visa two years ago I was asked for no proof of residence. The only address information was on the TM.7 form. The renewal last year was the same. But when I went into the main office in Bangkok last Thursday to renew I was told I needed a map with my location marked on it.

about this map, is a printout of your address in google maps sufficient for them

2 hours ago, Sam8521 said:

about this map, is a printout of your address in google maps sufficient for them

Yes, that is what I used today. I had asked last week if this would be OK, they said yes. No problem at all with it today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam8521 said:

Probably, but it depends on the office you apply at. I have known them to insist on a hand drawn map showing where you live from the nearest main road. Might be worth doing a quick hand drawn map as backup.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sam8521 said:

I have always submitted proof of my address with all my paperwork and believed it necessary. They get a copy of my TOT phone bill. Never been asked for a map of where that is, always presumed that to be only for marriage extensions, so immigration can come verify if they choose to and mooch beer!