Fitness7 Gym on 2nd Rd or other gyms

bbi1

Just went to Fitness7 to check out the prices after seeing a review online on Youtube by "Kev In Thailand" a last year where rates were 1,500 baht for 1 month. Was shocked to see their rates are 400 baht for 1 time, 1,900 baht for 1 month and 5,400 baht for 3 months, plus you need to pay 100 baht for a member card!! I can't believe how expensive a gym is here in Thailand, costing more than the Western World. Is anyone here a member here of Fitness7 or any other gyms? What rates are you paying? Fitness7 wouldn't discount their rates when I said it's too expensive and asked. They've increased their rates about 30% in one year since last year. They've got things like free trainer, dance classes, Yoga, Zumba, Aero Boxing, Muay Thai boxing ring, all that are totally worthless for me which is included in the membership. Just really need good weight machines and some cardio machines.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, marmaduke said:

Castra or Universal  are much less expensive . Plenty of machines.

There are so many gyms just really depends on the location you want.

I'd really prefer a gym on Pattaya City area that's able to get around on the Songtaew. Something between South Pattaya Rd and North Pattaya Rd would be ideal.

• Haha 1

Are you sure that its 1900 thb/month ? it was 1500 then 1600 !

Go to FUN GYM naklua, Belgium owner, 100thb/day and 1000thb/month, 1500 for 2 people !

https://www.facebook.com/Fun-Gym-Pattaya-397756377228213/

They have 2 clubs, another one bigger on the dark side.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Thanks. How much are their rates? Will they discount off their original quoted rates?

Why do you think that you deserve a discount ? Nobody will discount you ! who are you ?! it's even ridiculous to ask !

Edited by l4ml4m
  • Confused 1

Aircon gyms are kind of expensive but if you are like me they are the only option.  Two other gyms you might want to check out are Coco Fitness in Mikes Mall and Fitness One in the A-One hotel.  I think they are both about the same price as Fitness7 for monthly.

Coco has a great view of Pattaya bay.  On their facebook page they show some promo prices but that hasn't been updated since August.

https://www.facebook.com/cocofitnesspattaya/

Here is the fitness one link on the a-one site.  It's nothing special but aircon is nice and cool and not too busy in low season.  If it works for you, the 10 visit pass was a not bad price last time I checked. 

http://www.a-onestarhotel.com/facilities/fitness-one/

I kind of settled on Fitness7 myself.  Not that it's all that great.  I just haven't found anything better for the price even with the increase.  Avenue mall is also kind of a convenient location for me.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, marmaduke said:

Universal GYM is 200 meters off of Central Pattaya rd and Sukhumvit rd

1400/month is not bad if aircon.  I do see aircon in the pictures but also big windows. If they don't turn it up very high it could still get warm in there.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

Go to FUN GYM naklua, Belgium owner, 100thb/day and 1000thb/month, 1500 for 2 people !

Nice prices if the equipment at the naklua location is the same as the pictures.  It's a ways up there though.  2km from the dolphin roundabout.  Do the baht buses even go that far?  I have never tried.

Edited by lapd
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, lapd said:

I kind of settled on Fitness7 myself.  Not that it's all that great.  I just haven't found anything better for the price even with the increase.  Avenue mall is also kind of a convenient location for me.

Do old members get to keep their old pricing or they have their price increased to the same price as new member?

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Do old members get to keep their old pricing or they have their price increased to the same price as new member?

I doubt you can still get the old price.  I might have to check out Fun 2 gym way out in Naklua.  It's probably worth going all the way out there if it's only half the price and just as good.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, scotsman said:

https://www.facebook.com/universe.gym.pattaya/    It is a good gym and has many good Equipment in it and the prices are not so high the air con is to low and it can get hot but there are a load of fans.  I like the look of Fun Gym as well and there prices are a lot lower but the location can be to hard for some to go I may check this gym out later next year as its on the Darkside but for now I use Universe as its way better than Tony's Gym on Soi Khao Noi that I used to use.

Regards 

Scotsman 

Fun 2 Gym is probably easier to get to than Universe since it is on baht bus routes, although it's not too far of a walk from Big C Extra to Universe.

Low or no aircon is an absolute deal breaker for me.  It's hard enough working up a sweat in normal temperatures, just more suffering than necessary to have to do it in sauna conditions.  I can't get as good a workout either because I don't want to work as hard in hot conditions.

I used to go to the no aircon gym that was down on beach road with a tin roof.  It got really hot in there.   It's gone now but I will never do something like that again.

Edited by lapd
  • Like 2

I'm a regular at fitness 7. Yes the prices have increased a lot. And not much to show fur it. To be fair, the price went up at the same time the owners of The Avenue raised the rent on everyone.

Cocos is more expensive, and does not have much for heavy lifters. Although the cardio is good, and girls are half price.

I mean they get a discount [emoji14]

Universe has some good equipment, but is a bit old.

Castra has good stuff and cheaper, but it's far away from central.

And yes, it is crazy the prices are more than Europe, and comparable to the fancy gyms in Bangkok, where you get a lot more.

Limited competition, so what you gonna do?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, scotsman said:

https://www.facebook.com/universe.gym.pattaya/    It is a good gym and has many good Equipment in it and the prices are not so high the air con is to low and it can get hot but there are a load of fans.  I like the look of Fun Gym as well and there prices are a lot lower but the location can be to hard for some to go I may check this gym out later next year as its on the Darkside but for now I use Universe as its way better than Tony's Gym on Soi Khao Noi that I used to use.

Regards 

Scotsman 

More fans at fun gym, ceiling is full of them, this is the only aircon gym that has fans above cardio machines. All other gyms owners are in my opinion totally idiots.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JayBird said:

I'm a regular at fitness 7. Yes the prices have increased a lot. And not much to show fur it. To be fair, the price went up at the same time the owners of The Avenue raised the rent on everyone.

Cocos is more expensive, and does not have much for heavy lifters. Although the cardio is good, and girls are half price.

I mean they get a discount emoji14.png

Universe has some good equipment, but is a bit old.

Castra has good stuff and cheaper, but it's far away from central.

And yes, it is crazy the prices are more than Europe, and comparable to the fancy gyms in Bangkok, where you get a lot more.

Limited competition, so what you gonna do?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DB using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Luckily we have the great tony to provide the best gyms in Pattaya !

5555555555++++

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 12/7/2018 at 3:07 AM, l4ml4m said:

I checked this gym and it's truly great ! hard to find any gym owner with a brain in this country...

On 12/6/2018 at 8:08 PM, l4ml4m said:

Why do you think that you deserve a discount ? Nobody will discount you ! who are you ?! it's even ridiculous to ask !

Yes there are some of us,not exactly teeny-boppers,but getting on 60 70s even,not there every day,just 10 15 mins is OK . Want to get heart rate up,that's it,no weights ,push ups  etc    100 a visit is OK tho.......but where in naklua is gym 2

Edited by oxysong