Factory Tours?

seanwg

Hi

I've had the opportunity to tour steel mills, oil refinerys, nacho chip production lines, and satellite earth stations in the US/Canada. (Dont' ask).

Just out of curiosity, but does anyone know if any of the electronic makers in thailand do tours of production lines?

I realize there is probably allot of top secret info there, but I'm totally fasinated with such things. My latest tour was of a electrical generation facilty. Completely amazing... anyone here want to give me a tour?

I'm married to a thai woman - My wife is in thailand working in March. I'll be arriving on our about March 14th for 2 weeks.

I'll buy lunch!!

Sean

Edited by seanwg

actually the Alumni Association of ABAC University does these tours every now and then

try to search for their website and if its not mentioned on their site you can give them a call to find out when and where the next one will be to.

cheers.

You'll get a lot more info and perhaps build better relationships with the factories that do not offer public tours (not just in Thailand, but especially in Taiwan and China as well). You only have to ask. My cousin who has been manufacturing computer speakers here for a decade or so got his start by walking into the Mag Innovision factory in Taiwan when he was about 30 or so. He now controls about 80% of the local computer speaker (branded + OEM) market.

:o