Getting a Non-B Visa for teacher in Penang

Hello Everyone,

Anyone has information about the most recent requirements needed by the consulate for Non-B Visa (for Teacher), and for the university degree, do they just need a copy of it, or they need it to be verified or something, noting my degree is from the UK.

Also, do they require a police check? I already have one done this year from a previous school, will that work?

Many thanks for your kind help

Penang has the embassy in Kuala Lumpur page visa page linked on their website now.

This the check list from the embassy website for the non-b visa.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/Notes_6_1 Non Immigrant B Teacher_1_0 application.pdf

It states you degree must be authenticated by your embassy.

Whether they accept your police check will depend upon how old it is.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Penang has the embassy in Kuala Lumpur page visa page linked on their website now.

This the check list from the embassy website for the non-b visa.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/Notes_6_1 Non Immigrant B Teacher_1_0 application.pdf

It states you degree must be authenticated by your embassy.

Whether they accept your police check will depend upon how old it is.

Thanks for your reply

they also have this listing which kind of confusing http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/67608-Non-Immigrant-(B---Teaching).html

in the above listing, they just need a copy of the certificate, my police check is about 5 months old

12 minutes ago, skystar7 said:

in the above listing, they just need a copy of the certificate, my police check is about 5 months old

Not sure how got to that page. I could not find it other than using the link you posted.

You could contact the consulate in Penang to find out what they require at this time.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure how got to that page. I could not find it other than using the link you posted.

You could contact the consulate in Penang to find out what they require at this time.

Thanks again

I tried to call all their numbers, but nobody is answering...

5 minutes ago, skystar7 said:

Thanks again

I tried to call all their numbers, but nobody is answering...

I was in Penang about 5 months ago, one of the lads who i shared a taxi with me and was before me in queue was applying for non b teaching. Take this with a grain of salt as its not first hand experience but he had trouble with not having police clearance. He argued that he worked for Uni already so it was all clear, It was reputable uni, because after he showed his ID card from that uni, they accepted his application.

I would call Jim or other agents in Penang and get a confirmation from them

On 12/6/2018 at 3:50 PM, BestB said:

I was in Penang about 5 months ago, one of the lads who i shared a taxi with me and was before me in queue was applying for non b teaching. Take this with a grain of salt as its not first hand experience but he had trouble with not having police clearance. He argued that he worked for Uni already so it was all clear, It was reputable uni, because after he showed his ID card from that uni, they accepted his application.

I would call Jim or other agents in Penang and get a confirmation from them

Thanks for sharing the story.

Do you know the direct number for Agent Jim? or what number did you dial?

Many thanks