SURVEY: EU -- Will it survive?

Scott

SURVEY: EU will it survive?  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, Percy P said:

And their expecting us taxpayer's

And their expecting us taxpayer's to pay them £39Bl 

Im not the spelling police and I make plenty or errors myself

However, your points are not clear

Do you mean

and they're expecting us tax payers?

and they're expecting us tax payers to pay them £39B?

8 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

This chart don't mean nothing, Brits can kick thier MP's out at election, but we can't do bug all about European members, so the term elected really does not really apply in most cases. After all, it is the people that should have thier say, and obviously we don't. but just 729 do.

Uninformed tripe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

When Europe is a collection of disunited nation states, world wars begin; that is the lesson of the twentieth century.

I am indifferent to the EU, just don't suck the world into violence again.

I think the days of the soldier blindly following the 'forward he cried from the rear' are over.

Of course you are still going to get conflict between some in the 'further east' parts but I doubt very much if that would result in a world war.

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

The uk PM was elected by the local populace to the HOC.  If he hadn't been elected, he would have been unable to be made PM.

Juncker hasn't been elected by the populace at all, and I'm sorry you can't see the difference ☹️.

They can't be thrown out by them either because they're seemingly bomb proof although that could well change after 29 march.

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

<SNIP>Genuine refugees are more than welcome, as are economic migrants who have the grace to apply via the appropriate channels<END SNIP>.

I would hazard a guess that Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Many of the European Countries, plus the rest of the free world, could accept the above premise, reasonably easily.

I have one reservation with regards to "Economic Migrants" - **More often than not, they hurt the country they leave.. I believe more will benefit if we apply the same funding to support them in their own countries.

SOURCE: Hurt the country they leave - 6 Minute Video.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

"primarily an economic union"

Amazing that so many want the Euro and more fiscal integration!

(or do too many people just not really understand?

Thank god for representative democracy)

They don't understand.

They don't want the "corrupt" representatives in Brussels so they opt for the corrupt representative back home. 

I can understand the attraction to home rule, but it provides a huge disadvantage, weakness against strong adversaries. 

All the arguments against the EU are nonsense fueled by national pride. All the economic problems that fuel this discontent are due to inadequate regulation, the economic meltdown of the last decade happened because of inadequate regulation! Corporate culture needs more regulation not less

The corporate CEO is not a stupid person, he/she knows what needs to be done, but is trapped in a corporate culture that demands short term gains or be replaced.

How successful does one think, Greece on it's own  (for example) would be against Google in  an antitrust case? or negotiating energy requirements with Russia?

Federation is the strength of the US and would be for the EU,

IMO The UK has being an obstruction towards that goal , and it's departure would be a benefit for the EU, it would allow the EU to make the necessary  integresions to become viable.

I would hate to see my British friends go, and be sad for the pain it will cause them, but it does not seem to me they can abandon their post empire   hubris.

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JAG said:

Hmm - Winston Churchill (a great European) once said something to the effect of: the Germans are either at your feet or at your throats! Maybe one should now add: or at your wallets?

Pathetic 

Funny it always seems to be our military men who hold such embarrassingly outmoded ideas. We've moved on! Get a grip!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TunnelRat69 said:

SURVEY: EU -- Will it survive?

The subject is a click bait if you ask me, not one of the options gives you the option to voice an opinion  my answer would have been:

NO,,,,,,THE EU WILL NOT SURVIVE. 

Hell, it started as a failure when Italy, Turkey, Greece, Portugal and maybe a couple others defaulted and could not come up with the bare minimum capital to be a member.   How many times ,have they defaulted and had to be bailed out??   same same with the United Nations, was a good idea when it started, but has turned into a cash cow for a lot of piss ant countries.

Ignorant comment

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAG said:

The self declared possessor of an excellent education, and pompous, arrogant windbag has spoken...

Pathetic.  Get a grip yourself. On second thoughts, don't bother, vacuous jelly will just slither through your fingers...

Off you go, run bleating to the mods because the nasty rough soldier man has been rude to you.

It does seem to be a common denominator though doesn't it? I'm not going to argue with you.