Thais nation-wide ready for the biggest bicycle ride of the year

rooster59

13 hours ago, fruitman said:

Well there sure are some vip's joining the tour and they also love to cycle. Also in Germany.

I'm sure you're right, but absent the press scrum and absent the ne-Germans, would they still bother or would they spend the time with the mia-noi instead? Remember that Thailand is the land of appearances always trumping usefulness.

In most cases, Thai usefulness is a bit of an oxymoron, about the same as  udders on a bull, though they can always be relied upon to field some cross-dressers to brighten up a beauty pageant or a TV chat show and display their enlightenment credentials.

Thereby proving the usefulness bit I suppose.

Edited by HalfLight
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, HalfLight said:

I'm sure you're right, but absent the press scrum and absent the ne-Germans, would they still bother or would they spend the time with the mia-noi instead? Remember that Thailand is the land of appearances always trumping usefulness.

In most cases, Thai usefulness is a bit of an oxymoron, about the same as  udders on a bull, though they can always be relied upon to field some cross-dressers to brighten up a beauty pageant or a TV chat show and display their enlightenment credentials.

Thereby proving the usefulness bit I suppose.

I live among many thai cyclists, see them every day on their very expensive cycles and full gear. They can't go on the roads though, too dangerous...sometimes they do it in groups or go to Swampy airport cycletrack.

And the vip i'm not allowed to mention by forum rules.

Also running is very popular now here, i see 50-100 of them every day.

Edited by fruitman