Trang: Massaman curry with banana blossom a hit with German tourists

webfact

Massaman curry with banana blossom a hit with German tourists

PNOHT611210001004701.jpg

TRANG, 10th December 2018 (NNT) - Ko Muk Garden Resort in Trang's Kandang District has created the province's first massaman curry with banana blossom, now a huge hit among German tourists. 

The resort found that banana blossoms sells in Germany for as much as 2,000 baht per kilogram and is, therefore, offering its new delicacy at a bargain price of 80 baht. 

The dish is so popular that many have returned to the resort just to have another taste of the sweet and aromatic curry. The massaman curry is prepared just as they would make a conventional southern curry, but with added banana blossom, adjusting the spicy, salty, and sweet taste to their liking. 

Twenty-six-year-old Wacharee Srisaman is the pioneer of the popular dish. After working as a member of Bangkok Airways ground crew at Samui Airport, she decided to continue with the family business and created the dish after learning that banana blossoms sell for such a high price in Germany. Those who are keen to taste the curry can call the restaurant at 081-748-3849 or 086-271-5472.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-12-10

Just now, hkt83100 said:

If you ever tried a good Yam Hua Pli you know, how delicious that stuff can be.

Never seen that dish but i eat banana flowers with pad thai sometimes. They are edible but nothing special me thinks. I always have issues cutting them with my spoon ????

Archived