Spectacular mist enthrals visitors as mercury drops at Huai Nam Dang National Park

snoop1130

Spectacular mist enthrals visitors as mercury drops at Huai Nam Dang National Park

By Tossapol Boonpat 
The Nation

788d57e8eba387d2e07ce3157008bf96-sld.jpeg

Thai tourists, celebrating a long weekend and Constitution Day on Monday at the high-altitude Huai Nam Dang National Park in the area overlapping Chiang Mai’s Mae Taeng and Wiang Haeng districts and Mae Hong Son’s Pai district, woke up to an enhanced spectacular sea of mist in the morning.

This was due to the mercury having dropped to 14 degrees Celsius, said park head Bancha Ramsiri.

Bancha took the opportunity to warn people wishing to visit Huai Nam Dang at this time to wear warm clothing, and those with any allergies to carry medications with them as the temperature in the mountainous park, with its strong winds, would be much colder than in the surrounding plains. 

The park as of Monday morning reported having 1,231 visitors, 228 of whom had stayed overnight within the park area.

The park’s Kiew Lom viewpoint, Euang Ngern Palace and Kud Chang tent-setting field in Mae Taeng district reported a minimum of 14 degrees to a maximum of 21 degrees during the morning.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360117

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-10

19 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

It always amazes me why people, Thais in particular, like to camp out in such chilly conditions. 

????????????????

My personal record is -30C. It truly sucked. Try dropping a dump in that kind of weather sitting on a log over a hole.

But routinely, I did 0C and a bit below (probably to about -15). Its all about your gear.

14 is still shorts weather. the skeeters are still out.

I will never do it again, thanks.

16 hours ago, Thailand said:

Isn't that cloud?

No, it is mist. As the sun rises the mist will evaporate and perhaps create some cloud cover.

It will be a fine and sunny day. If there is another cool night and high moisture in the air, another mist may eventuate.

Mist occurs at ground level but has no substance, it will never rain. Cloud occurs higher, and contains lots of moisture to possibly rain, if the cloud rises high enough to meet very cold air. Check google, lol

45 minutes ago, Prissana Pescud said:

No, it is mist. As the sun rises the mist will evaporate and perhaps create some cloud cover.

It will be a fine and sunny day. If there is another cool night and high moisture in the air, another mist may eventuate.

Mist occurs at ground level but has no substance, it will never rain. Cloud occurs higher, and contains lots of moisture to possibly rain, if the cloud rises high enough to meet very cold air. Check google, lol

Definitely cloud. Seen this quite a few times from higher ground in a number of countries.

21 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

By definition mist is cloud, at, or near, ground level, if up on mountains, you can, as seen here, be above the clouds, I don't know why this made the news, it happens every day, in many places world wide, not even a rare sight in Thailand.

21 hours ago, Prissana Pescud said:

A beautiful sight, a beautiful dawn and you have to knock it. Says more about you than any violation terms.

And if you have never seen mist in Australia, you are no Aussie. 

Have seen it many times, yes beautiful sight, but if I say more then I will be suspended. I just don't see why this one made the news, it is a common sight, even in Thailand, in fact even more spectacular sights, take a drive to Mong country.

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

Have seen it many times, yes beautiful sight, but if I say more then I will be suspended. I just don't see why this one made the news, it is a common sight, even in Thailand, in fact even more spectacular sights, take a drive to Mong country.

It was just a post. I live on the plains and would love to see something like that. Which is why I am planning a Laos border run in Jan.

Archived