Video: The sad face of hard drugs in bust of mother in Pattaya

webfact

7pm_VI.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

The Pattaya News posted a video of a sting operation that resulted in the arrest of a woman from Prajuab Khiri Khan who was dealing in crystal meth in Pattaya. 

The story was particularly heart wrenching as the woman's 11 year old daughter would not stop crying after a raid conducted in Soi VC.

Drug enforcement officers and the Bang Lamung local district chief had received information from an informant that Supha Lengyindee, 41, was dealing in Soi VC. 

They raided some rented rooms and she was arrested on charges of possession and intent to sell Class 1 drugs (ice and Ya Ba).

The money shown in the video was the 6,500 baht cash used in the sting to purchase five grams of ice. 

The money is compared to a photocopy made before the raid for evidence purposes. 

Supha said that she had lost her job and was dealing to get money to look after her daughter.

The child was taken into care and will be likely looked after relatives as her mother will be off to jail. 

Source: Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-11

1 hour ago, maccastime said:

Marked notes too easy for the cops. But she will get a light sentence she is Thai. On the other hand if it was a farang??

Do they need to be marked when they can simply match the numbers?

The sentences for drugs here are truly harsh for all.

7pm_VI.jpg.5ee2197235403796d025122daa48c713.jpg
Picture: Pattaya News

The Pattaya News posted a video of a sting operation that resulted in the arrest of a woman from Prajuab Khiri Khan who was dealing in crystal meth in Pattaya. 

The story was particularly heart wrenching as the woman's 11 year old daughter would not stop crying after a raid conducted in Soi VC.

Drug enforcement officers and the Bang Lamung local district chief had received information from an informant that Supha Lengyindee, 41, was dealing in Soi VC. 

They raided some rented rooms and she was arrested on charges of possession and intent to sell Class 1 drugs (ice and Ya Ba).

The money shown in the video was the 6,500 baht cash used in the sting to purchase five grams of ice. 

The money is compared to a photocopy made before the raid for evidence purposes. 

Supha said that she had lost her job and was dealing to get money to look after her daughter.

The child was taken into care and will be likely looked after relatives as her mother will be off to jail. 

Source: Pattaya News
  thai%2Bvisa_news.jpg&key=07605ee8009e033e42aebb80e2dcd682bb500b914912a36112e686ab3ed5fbdc -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-11   [/url]

It seems that the price of that ice is cheap !!!
A few years ago 1gr used to cost 2000 thb.
I had a thai neighbour that smoked that crap and he used to tell that 7 years ago in Pattaya.
What a pity ...2 lives broken because drugs again.
I just hope that women could get into a rehab program and not only thrown to jail 5-6-7 years for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, mok199 said:

IMHO they need more of these ''real time videos'' in the war against this poison ,it is a battle Thailand needs get out in front of quickly...

No short road to getting street drugs under control when so many high ranking and influential people are funding the trade from supply to sales.. using poorer people to do the distribution while they rake-in the profits sitting in their ivory towers above the law !!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, fantom said:

Grinding poverty

Lost job

Father nowhere to be seen

No safety net

And Thailand number one in the inequality stakes.

I cannot find it in my heart to feel anything but sympathy for this woman and her daughter.

I agree with your post, while I would never condone the selling of drugs I do have some sympathy for this girl and daughter, she's trying to keep a home & feed a family in the only way she know's how to do it.

Yes some might say she's making fast money out of misery and I would agree, but she's only the bottom of a very tall ladder,

I'd arrest and convict her as a warning, but offer a suspended sentence if she named names so they could get the real people behind the misery... hitting the lowest rung isn't going to stop anything, you've got to get to the top tier!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Hotchilli, to add something else, a female representative from the police should accompany the 'sting' team, if for nothing else the 11 year old child present.

There is no excuse as the team must have known that the person they were targeting was a young woman, alone with an 11 year old daughter and that their actions would result in great distress.

Why is he running up the stairs with gun drawn like the FBI when there are people already in the room standing with their hands on their hips talking to her ?? Pathetic.

Try catching the big people but that wont happen . Never hear of the big guys getting caught only the lower ones . Try investing in sniffer dogs and proper border guards !

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, fantom said:

Grinding poverty

Lost job

Father nowhere to be seen

No safety net

And Thailand number one in the inequality stakes.

I cannot find it in my heart to feel anything but sympathy for this woman and her daughter.

I must be getting soft, but I have to agree.