Official Defends New Election Twist: Removing Party Logos From Ballots

webfact

Official Defends New Election Twist: Removing Party Logos From Ballots

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

%E0%B9%80%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%B7%E0%B8%AD%E0%

A 2011 file photo of a sealed ballot box in Bang Rak district of Bangkok.

BANGKOK — The Election Commission is slated to vote tomorrow on a proposal to remove the names and party emblems of candidates from ballots in the upcoming election.

Election commissioner Krit Urwongse said the issue will be discussed at an urgent meeting called by the agency Tuesday in the wake of widespread criticism from political parties and pro-democracy activists who accuse the military government of foul play.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2018/12/11/official-defends-new-election-twist-removing-party-logos-from-ballots/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-11

Two sides to the sword. Be compelled to read and know the name  you vote for? Or tick the box of the symbol of  your paid persuasion?

I agree with the honest version of the principle  in this  suggestion  but can well understand the suspicion of applying it when there remain so many illiterate voters.

I would go so  far as to say I think  it should be an internationally accepted  criteria ( ideallogically). Coupled  with  compulsory  voting.

Go ahead and shoot  me  down....with  plausible  reason included.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Two sides to the sword. Be compelled to read and know the name  you vote for? Or tick the box of the symbol of  your paid persuasion?

I agree with the honest version of the principle  in this  suggestion  but can well understand the suspicion of applying it when there remain so many illiterate voters.

I would go so  far as to say I think  it should be an internationally accepted  criteria ( ideallogically). Coupled  with  compulsory  voting.

How exactly do you vote for the name you know?

" The Election Commission is slated to vote tomorrow on a proposal to remove the names "

The easy way of making sure the Junta stay in power. Have 1 to 6 on the ballot paper. They add up the votes and pronounce the winner. 

But the winner will always be the Junta.

Very good...one way to ensure they keep control.

The whole world should be reporting on this esp as they have already said they will not allow outside observers.

The more its reported in the news of every country in the world will put more pressure on this crazy countries ways.

But we all know what the world thinks of Thailand.

Happy place to have a holiday. So not bothered about it.

I was thinking of living in Thailand rest of my life...ha ha no chance.

I dont want thai bride that wants your money. I dont want a lb who only wants your money.

Heck i just want a gorgeous beach.

And there are lots of them around the world.

On 12/11/2018 at 6:50 AM, Dumbastheycome said:

Unfortunately people tend to vote for names they have heard of and if you are poor you tend to vote for the candidate that has given you 500 Baht. If enough people feel they were tricked into voting for someone other than who they wanted to, or would have if the logo had been there they will be more likely to join in what could become quite vocal protest if all of these shenanigans manifest into the stealing of this election.