Hotel 2 adults 1 child - 700 baht more with child

Rc2702

Never come across this before, normally when we book hotels we never get charged for the child who is 1. Recently tried to book a hotel and when I indicate 1 child the price goes up over 700 baht per night.

Seems odd or maybe it's normal in some hotels?

8 minutes ago, robertson468 said:

If you are expecting the Hotel to provide extra towels and bedding, a relatively small additional charge is fair.  However, I feel 700 baht per night is a bit steep, unless you are doing bed and breakfast.

Nope we are entirely self sufficient regards child even take our own kettle. Just never come across this before anywhere but we have only stayed in 6-7 hotels since lad arrived.

byo durian messy stink bomb on 2 legs paranoia 

they'd probably even lock someone out, if the wife was expecting at 8 months...

oh the humanity! the mess for if accidents do happen whilst on their watch...

OK, but how many hotels have to do a clean-up after many guests, single or couple or whatever, in every country?

E,g, Drunk and vomit on the floor, in the shower, etc.

E.g. Acquaintance has an outrageous loud OTT ladyboy teeluk, said ladyboy quickly turns every hotel room into a bombsite, dirty food bowls, leftover food just thrown on the floor near the small rubbish bin (also opens the door and throws leftover food scraps (no bag or wrapping) into the corridor, used toilet tissues dropped on the floor instead of in the toilet bowl or bin, make up all over the towels, used condoms thrown under the bed. I'm told that when they are ready to depart the hotel the farang sends the ladyboy lover to the lobby, then the farang does a first clean up because he's so embarrassed about the filthy mess. 

The small hotel I use in Ramkhamhaeng now refuse all guests from one specific Sth. Asian country, for several reasons: disappear without paying for the room. Order all meals from room-service, charges to the bill, disappear without paying. bed linen and towels soiled so much regularly have to throw it away.

Hotel now refuses to take delivery of products ordered on-line with the guest giving the address of the hotel and telling the supplier that the hotel has agreed to pay on delivery then charge the cost of the products to the room. Hotel got caught several times with this one. 

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LukKrueng said:

regulations in most hotels in Thailand say up to 2 children unter 12 free of charge in parents room provided no extra bed nor breakfast is required. Usually if you want only breakfast (but no extra bed) you can pay just for the breakfast and most hotels also have a lower price for children meals. 

Yes, seen this arrangement many times.

I had something similar once in Laos.    i used Agoda which is a good booking site I believe, but this time I must have overlooked something.    On the hotel information page there's a symbol for how many people staying in the room.   In my case there were two of us and it would have  been fine had I chosen the proper room for the number of people.     I failed to do so.

I'll bet your room rate was for two people and the addition of one, be it child or adult shifted the rate higher.

As others have said you have many options so it's no big deal to find another place priced as you'd  prefer.

I hope those talking about doing damage to the hotel in question are joking.  The hotel/guest house has the  right to ask whatever it wants.   The  hotel guest has the right to accept it or not accept it.   Pretty simple arrangement.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, scorecard said:

OK, but how many hotels have to do a clean-up after every guest, single or couple or whatever, in every country?

E,g, Drunk and vomit on the floor, in the shower, etc.

E.g. Acquaintance has a outrageous ladyboy teeluk, said ladyboy quickly turns every hotel room into a bombsite, dirty food bowls, leftover food just thrown on the floor near the small rubbish bin, used toilet tissues dropped on the floor instead of in the toilet bowl,  make up all over the towels, used condoms thrown under the bed. I'm told that when they are ready to depart the hotel the farang sends the ladyboy lover to the lobby, then the farang does a first clean up because so embarrassed about the filthy mess. 

The small hotel I use in Ramkhamhaeng now refuse all guests from one specific Sth. Asian country, for several reasons: disappear without paying for the room. Order all meals from room-service, charges to the bill, disappear without paying. bed linen and towels soiled so much regularly have to throw it away.

Hotel now refuses to take delivery of products ordered on-line with the guest giving the address of the hotel and telling the supplier that the hotel has agreed to pay on delivery then charge the cost of the products to the room. Hotel got caught several times with this one. 

It never ceases to amaze me how low life some people can be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

It never ceases to amaze me how low life some people can be.

It amazes me how  Thai Emigration allows such rubbish in these days. They are getting as bad as the E.U.. Is there somewhere in the World where regular folks can go Freak or Snowflake Free.

4 hours ago, LukKrueng said:

regulations in most hotels in Thailand say up to 2 children unter 12 free of charge in parents room provided no extra bed nor breakfast is required. Usually if you want only breakfast (but no extra bed) you can pay just for the breakfast and most hotels also have a lower price for children meals. 

Breakfast included / not included is a puzzle. My Thai nephew in Bkk  got married (Thai girl), and first time they went back to Khon Kaen to visit girls parents they stayed in a hotel (nephew didn't want to stay at the girls farm because many neighbors turn up instantly wanting feeefood and booze)

So he booked a room (1,100Baht including breakfast for 2). Next morning 6 of the girls family are sitting in the hotel restaurant, girls looks puzzled, the relatives all say 'we came for the free breakfast'.

Restaurant manager tries (again) to explain, free breakfast is only for the 2 booked guests. Family insistent breakfast is free for everybody. Nephew asks how much extra for extra folks, 120Baht per person Nephew decides he is going to ensure the extra learn that it's not free, he put 100Baht on the table for each extra and says 'you have to pay the extra yourself'.

After some argument they all put 20Baht on the table. Nephew quietly explains to the supervisor what he is doing and asks for a seperate receipt for each person highlighting that the full price is 120 per person.

Now the family want to leave, they claim they have been cheated...

I've noticed that there is no fixed age limit for child to stay FOC.. On Agoda, one hotel will mention no additional charge for a 6yo, while another may have an age limit of 10.. Nothing is uniform and will vary by hotel establishment..

Went to Siem Reap last year with GF and 11yo daughter.. In twin bed room ok at no extra charge.. Another hotel, same same Thailand, 8yo is cut off for FOC child..

Do your research on Agoda and others, and look at their hotel booking conditions first..