Anyone having new onset of seasonal allergy?

Sheryl

As I seem to.

I have never had allergies before and have no idea what this is from...but the weather this year is so abnormal that perhaps there is something unusual in the air, so just wondering if anyone else has noticed this.

I am sneezing constantly and congested. I don't think it is a cold as no sore throat and I always have a sore throat when i have a respiratory infection.

Anyone else experiencing this all of a sudden?

My household staff aren't sneezing or congested but have developed unexplained hives....

i'm in centrkl Thailand (Prachinburi). It is very dry and  hot here now

Nothing burning where I am, it's a rural area with clean air that seems as clean as usual.  But I'm sneezing at least 15 times an hour. Decongestants help the congestion but nothing stops the sneezing.

Checked with a few  neighbors, they also report problems.

I can only think that due to the unusual weather pattern some sort of pollen or something not usually present in the air is here now.....

I get occasional outbreaks of eczema. Recently I've had it on hands, arms, feet, legs. Areas that are normally exposed. I get a lot of relief from the sore itching by rubbing the areas vigorously with cotton wool soaked with rubbing alcohol. I do this after washing or showering normally. The amount of dirt which comes off my skin with the alcohol is incredible. I can only put it down to air pollution which is also known to cause lung problems. 

5 hours ago, Sheryl said:

I am sneezing constantly and congested. I don't think it is a cold as no sore throat and I always have a sore throat when i have a respiratory infection.

Anyone else experiencing this all of a sudden?

Not myself, but a friend of mine have exactly the same symptons since a couple of weeks.

For the last few weeks have been having Runny/watery Eyes, doesn't hurt and is not even irritating just sometimes looks like I'm crying.

Never had that sort of problem before. Google seems to suggest Hay Fever, but I don't have runny nose or any of the other symptoms associated with it so maybe just live with it till it goes away. At least with all that 'Crying' my eyeballs are lubricated and clean :thumbsup:   

When ever the kids get sneezy congested runny noses problems I spray their room with a eucalyptus spray and usually they were better in the morning.

Not saying this eucalyptus spray is some magic formula but spraying your rooms, especially the bedroom at night, might help with sneezy congested runny noses problems. At least the rooms will smell nice.

Its not cheap:-

1924083593_ParrotSpray.jpg.36c288cf0daf3fae0550cc0033f88dfd.jpg

I have caught the flu 5 times this year and developed post-allergic cough for months but this can probably be explained by seasonal endemics, my increasing age and decreasing exercise regime (aka immunity in the dumps).

I have been developing skin rashes more often then usual but being sensitive to insect bites and being OCD about personal hygiene (bathing often with lots of soap = drying my skin out) is not helping to narrow down the suspects.

My water smells like metal because my pipes are getting old so contact dermatitis is always in my mind ....hmmmm.

I’ve been seeing a lot of cases of persistent skin rashes and after doing allergic testing there have been some concerning similarities.  A lot of people have been found to be developing allergies to formalin.

Most likely this formalin is coming from food and a common culprit is pork.

A lot of nasty allergens are in our food and air but are so numerous and since each person reacts differently over time (desensitization, age etc) it makes identifying the causative agent or trying to avoid it a challenge.

PM 2.5 levels have increased throughout Thailand though we are nowhere near the levels that some cities in India and China have experienced (worst in the world).

The source of PM 2.5’s in Thailand differ by province but common sources include automobiles, burning and industrial.  Burning of forests by locals releases a whole lot of potential allergens that even though the smell has faded the allergens remain in our air.

I digress Sheryl but maybe the best we can do is either hope the allergy will pass (as we become desensitized) or try to be pro-active by using technology like Hepa filters in our home.

I hope your feeling better.

Neithet automobiled, industrial nor burning out hete so I think it must be some sort of pollen or something else vegetation related. Today the weather was dramatically diffetent, cool and breezy (i.e. typical for mid December) and the sneezing has stopped. Neighbors also feeling better. I can only think it is some particle building up in the air due to lack of the usual breeze...but it won't be from burning or chemical pollution out where I am. No one burning fields here and little traffic etc. Perhaps there is some weed that is more abundant than usual this year and that combined with unusually still air did it.

Whatever it was I have never sneezed so much in my life.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not raining where I am, very dry. But it did rain a week or so back, enough that things are growing that might normally not be.

The breeze died down around midday at which point my sneezing resumed.

I went to the main pharmacy in town, Pharmacist confirmed that many people have been coming in with allergy symptoms in past week.

I've got it right now conjunctivitis eyes itching not sneezing yet but have had attacks for the last couple of weeks pollen count most daye are extreme according to "accuweather" so seems like some sort of Hay Fever been taken anti histamine tablets which helps (if you can stand the drowsiness. i'm in Sattahip area.

Archived