Border run via Wang Prachan (Malaysia)

Hi guys, could anyone give any recent experience on doing a border run via Wang Prachan ? I have heard it’s not possible to leave and re-enter on the same day, and I would need to stay one night in Malaysia, could anyone clarify this ?

I have a 12 month multiple entry Non O and it’s my first border bounce (I got the visa almost 90 days ago).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Thai immigration at some border crossings with Malaysia (notably Sadao) do tend to insist you stay a night outside Thailand. This is not an official rule, and may or may not be applied at Wang Prachan/Wang Kelian. I do not recall recent reports from people trying to do border bounces there.

I really do not wish to spend a night on the Malaysian border, if this is the case I would prefer the option (if there is one) to enter Malaysia from Koh Lipe, and spend a night in Langkawi.

Anyone have any experience of this, would this be a better option ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

10 hours ago, BritTim said:

Thai immigration at some border crossings with Malaysia (notably Sadao) do tend to insist you stay a night outside Thailand. This is not an official rule, and may or may not be applied at Wang Prachan/Wang Kelian. I do not recall recent reports from people trying to do border bounces there. 

I have heard of this on Visa-Exempt from Malaysia - but they are doing this on Non-O Multi's also?  Sad if that policy spreads beyond Poipet/Aranya, where it has taken hold.