Big Joke: African footballer red-carded over fake visa stamp from Nigeria

webfact

Big Joke: African footballer red-carded over fake visa stamp from Nigeria

1pm.jpg

Officers in Thailand's North-East acting on orders of immigration chief Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn have arrested a Ghanaian footballer with a fake visa stamp. 

Patrick Enninful (name transliterated from Thai) was playing for the Sa Kaew team. 

His fake stamp came from the Thai Embassy in Abuja and was dated January 26th 2016. 

Investigations are also underway that indicate that Enninful may have connived with officials at Sa Kaew immigration over his visa extensions, INN Network reported. 

He is now in the custody of the Aranyaprathet police helping them with their inquiries. 

Source: INN

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-17

Bringing in African footballers to play in local teams was a big scam in Vietnam about 10 years ago. Once the authorities twigged they rounded them up and booted them, never to return. Seemed Thailand was the logical place for them to go but it now appears after ten years the penny has finally dropped with them. 

I am disappointed not to see Big Joke's signature 5 metre self promo PLASTIC banner.

Just now, BigT73 said:

What was in it for the Africans?  

Long term visa and money in the pocket from the club. Vietnam interpreted this as an illegal way to circumvent the immigration system so sent them packing. The fact the Africans didn't waste any time in setting up drug and prostitution rackets didn't help their cause. Thailand it seems picked up much of this transient garbage. 

Slightly off topic, but can any one explain why BJ and his banner are not in Phuket with a gaggle of disgraced, arrested, illegal Chinese tour guides. 

The local guides are screaming for justice but nothing happens.  Chinese in, Locals out of work. 

The headline says Nigeria but the story says Ghana. Also, I've seldom seen any headlines grouping all Europeans like the they do Africans. If they did the number of crimes committed by Europeans would seem higher and cause readers to have negative feelings towards them. The media's assault on Africa is real.

Shame, Lt-Gen. Surachate Hakparn (Big Joke), can't devote some time & energy sorting out the Retirement Visa requirements  commencing January 2019!!!

Maybe a little less, self promotion & a bit more work to take care of legit Foreign Expats living in Thailand would be worth his focus!! 

39 minutes ago, Cadbury said:

Long term visa and money in the pocket from the club. Vietnam interpreted this as an illegal way to circumvent the immigration system so sent them packing. The fact the Africans didn't waste any time in setting up drug and prostitution rackets didn't help their cause. Thailand it seems picked up much of this transient garbage. 

Unfortunately with the lack of being able to think outside the box it can backfire on genuine tourists from other countries who may be of a darker hue.

49 minutes ago, BoBoTheClown said:

The headline says Nigeria but the story says Ghana. Also, I've seldom seen any headlines grouping all Europeans like the they do Africans. If they did the number of crimes committed by Europeans would seem higher and cause readers to have negative feelings towards them. The media's assault on Africa is real.

He is Ghanaian. The fake visa purported to have been issued in Abuja. Abuja is the capital of Nigeria.

1 hour ago, BoBoTheClown said:

Not being racist, but they are targeting Africans as they are over represented in the crime statistics. 2010 (latest census) there were 8,000 African expats compared to 250,000 European and American expats in Thailand, sadly there is no newer statistics, but if we use those numbers and compare that to that just last Friday they caught:
2 Russians
2 Americans
1 Belgian
Vs.
4 Nigerians
2 Ugandans

That's 5 Europeans and Americans Vs. 6 Africans... so, do you get why they are targeting/saying Africans?!

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Unfortunately with the lack of being able to think outside the box it can backfire on genuine tourists from other countries who may be of a darker hue.

Those of a darker hue seem don't seem to have any trouble in Vietnam these days. They are easy to pick as and wander around openly unlike the those previously lot who used to hang around in furtive groups on street corners or skulked in some out of the way bar.

I expect a lot of them who come in now are from France or the or Caribbean or some like country. It is highly unlikely that residents from Nigeria or similar are on the Vietnam immigration welcome list.

1 minute ago, Cadbury said:

Those of a darker hue seem don't seem to have any trouble in Vietnam these days. They are easy to pick as and wander around openly unlike the those previously lot who used to hang around in furtive groups on street corners or skulked in some out of the way bar.

I expect a lot of them who come in now are from France or the or Caribbean or some like country. It is highly unlikely that residents from Nigeria or similar are on the Vietnam immigration welcome list.

I was talking about Thailand ????

3 hours ago, BoBoTheClown said:

You are not from BoBotswana by any chance? ????

I have always wondered what's it like to go on a holiday to Nigeria. Scams will be going on from morning to late night. Maybe they can give me a free tour to their scam factory. 

8 hours ago, overherebc said:

Fake visa from Nigeria!!! and some 'conniving' going on!!!!

I'm shocked, stunned and not even slightly amused.

Would have thought you might claim "fake news" for this one????

3 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

Not being racist, but they are targeting Africans as they are over represented in the crime statistics. 2010 (latest census) there were 8,000 African expats compared to 250,000 European and American expats in Thailand, sadly there is no newer statistics, but if we use those numbers and compare that to that just last Friday they caught:
2 Russians
2 Americans
1 Belgian
Vs.
4 Nigerians
2 Ugandans

That's 5 Europeans and Americans Vs. 6 Africans... so, do you get why they are targeting/saying Africans?!

Seems the whitie's better pick their game up, can't be out gunned by the Africans. 

5 hours ago, BoBoTheClown said:

Maybe so...but a year ago the Nigerian newspaper ‘This Day’ reported that there were over 600 Nigerians on death row in Asia for drug trafficking. This would suggest a disproportionate Nigerian involvement in criminal activity. But of course they may be mistaken...or these 600 some odd people may all have been exonerated by now...or this may be a racist newspaper...or....

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/11/22/600-nigerians-on-death-row-in-asia/

Archived