Thai designer defends working for award-winning Laos costume

snoop1130

Thai designer defends working for award-winning Laos costume

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

48239685_2116486778431338_3984397338947878912_n-696x522.jpg

Image: คำภีร์ อลังการ / Facebook

BANGKOK — Thailand’s white elephant failed to roar its way to victory at this year’s Miss Universe 2018, but the prize for best national costume nevertheless went to an elaborate dress designed by a Thai.

Rapeepat Sumray, who conjured up On-anong Homsombath’s award-winning costume depicting mythical avians, said he was taken by surprise at the news of victory. He said he didn’t expect the first time he designed for Laos would be met with such success.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/2018/12/17/thai-designer-defends-working-for-award-winning-laos-costume/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2018-12-17
  • Haha 1

The designer also defended his decision to work for the Laotian contestant despite his nationality. “I saw it this way: it’s about opportunities,” Rapeepat, who’s better known by his stage name Kamphee Alangkan, said. “If they hand me that opportunity, I should grasp it. I have to do whatever brings me success.”

Kudos to Sumray. Anyone who criticizes him for working at designing a dress for the Loatian contestant, knows nothing about anything, has a mind smaller than a postage stamp, lives in a box less than 5 cm in circumference, and is completely brain dead. There is no place for extreme nationalism in this day and age. It is an era of globalization. Be proud of this guy, do not attempt to take him down, under the pretense of bigoted, false nationalism. Dumb and dumber. That costume is incredible. Super creative stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1