first extension on non-imm O retirement

So, I recently got my 45-day non-imm O retirement at Chaeng Watthana and am getting ready to apply for the one year extension.  Does anyone have a complete list of the documentation I will need?  For example, I was surprised when I applied for the initial visa that I had to provide a map of my neighborhood.  That wasn't a problem, but I hadn't seen it on any list of required items.  Are there any other items that might be required?  What about the lease on my apartment?  What about a form from the landlord attesting to my residence?  Some of these would take time to obtain, which delay I would like to avoid, if possible.

So, I am looking for the most complete list available.  

Thanks in advance.

i'm in your position and on my 45-day non-imm O visit was given a sheet containing document requirements when applying for extension in case of retirement;

completed form TM7

passport

evidence showing financial support - assume this is what has already been shown

application fee 1900 baht

note; 'originals must be shown to the competent(!) officer and photocopied with certified signature by the applicant'

that's all it says, but as you say when i started the process i was also required to draw a map and had to fill in another form confirming where i live (and was 'fined' 800 baht for some reason) neither of these were mentioned on the immigration web site

if anyone knows of any other document requirements it would be good to know.

Edited by samsensam
clarity

There have been recent reports of people being asked for a map when applying for the extension.

It might be worthwhile to take a copy of your lease with you and if possible copies of the owners house book and ID signed by them.

A assume you are aware of the financial proof you used for the visa application will be required again. If you using the 800k baht option poof the funds came from abroad will not be needed.

No need for a TM30 report done by the owner to report your presence.

Download, complete and print 2 sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf.

Also this one if you want a re-entry permit. Fillable TM8 re-entry permit form.pdf

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

This is a comprehensive list of documents that may be requested.

Docs Extension of Stay based on Retirement..odt 

Not the best file format that you posted. It opened in wordpad but not the greatest.

Printed it to a PDF file so it opens easier. Extension based upon retirement documents.pdf

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, samsensam said:

i'm in your position and on my 45-day non-imm O visit was given a sheet containing document requirements when applying for extension in case of retirement;

completed form TM7

passport

evidence showing financial support - assume this is what has already been shown

application fee 1900 baht

note; 'originals must be shown to the competent(!) officer and photocopied with certified signature by the applicant'

that's all it says, but as you say when i started the process i was also required to draw a map and had to fill in another form confirming where i live (and was 'fined' 800 baht for some reason) neither of these were mentioned on the immigration web site

if anyone knows of any other document requirements it would be good to know.

I got the 800 baht fine also, but that is not directly related to the application for the non-imm visa.  We were fined, because after entering Thailand on a tourist stamp we failed to notifiy TM of our address within 24 hours.  Had we been staying in a hotel, the hotel would have made the notification on our behalf.  I was staying in my apartment, but, like you, didn't know about the requirement.

A further question.  I have the 800k in a Thai bank account for this renewal.  However, beginning in the middle of next year I will start to receive US Social Security benefits that will satisfy the 65k baht/month requirement.  So, when I renew next year I will probably use a combination of SS benefits received for part of the year and, say, 400k in the Thai bank.  How do I document the SS payments?  My Thai bank account will show the monthly transfers from my US bank, but that transaction won't identify Social Security as the ultimate source.  I know the US Consulate will no longer attest it.  Does TM want to see a downloaded statement from the SSA?

Thanks all for the answers.  Is the tabian baan from the apartment owner really necessary?  I never needed that when I had a non-imm O based on Thai wife.

8 minutes ago, cmarshall said:

How do I document the SS payments? 

Nobody can answer that question with any certainty since immigration has made no announcement about it. It appears that they may accept proof of funds going into a Thai bank from abroad may be enough.