Is it possible to drive own car to Siem Riep @ Poipet?

teetersb

Hello all. I have been going thru old posts but don't see any updates on driving my own car to Angkor wat across the border at Poipet. There are a few old posts, but nothing current and several people saying Yes & No. I was hoping to go next week after Christmas. Any news, or places to look would be helpful.

Kind Regards, Brad

Thanks Phuket Richard. Damn! I was hoping if I showed up with my Blue book(car is paid for) and my wife and daughter (Thai) that I could do the paperwork and go thru. I have a marriage Visa too. Logistics make O'smach difficult and a lot of extra driving.

• 3 months later...
On 12/19/2018 at 8:39 AM, teetersb said:

Thanks Phuket Richard. Damn! I was hoping if I showed up with my Blue book(car is paid for) and my wife and daughter (Thai) that I could do the paperwork and go thru. I have a marriage Visa too. Logistics make O'smach difficult and a lot of extra driving.

Not really. I drove from Bangkok via the new border crossing south of Aranyaprathet/Poipet (to see if it was open - it wasn't), then past Aranyaprathet all the way to Chong Chom/O'Smach and then finally to Siem Reap. I arrived at my hotel by 4pm. I don't see there being a "lot" of extra driving.

Archived