800K in Thai bank, deposited from other banks within Thailand?

I live in Thailand for many years now on a pension, always used the affidavit from the embassy for my extension.

Now, I am planing to extend my retirement visa using the 800k in the bank method next year.

However, currently my bank account does not have 800k,
because I usually transfer the monthly pension money to my girlfriend's account,
because her bank has better online banking service which I use often.

the question is, if I transfer the money back to my own Thai bank account from her account,
to total up to 800K, and have it sit there seasoning until my next extension. Would that be a problem?

Does the 800K needs to be from overseas?

or what about cash deposits to total up the 800K as well? since I have a lot of my savings some in cash too.

Edited by sleepy99

There is no need to prove proof-of-origin for an annual extension.  800K in the bank, sourced from anywhere, but at that or greater minimum-balance for 3 months, and you are set.

The origin issue only comes into play if you enter the country on a tourist-visa, and need to get a Non-O stamp, before getting your initial annual extension.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

There is no need to prove proof-of-origin for an annual extension.  800K in the bank, sourced from anywhere, but at that or greater minimum-balance for 3 months, and you are set.

The origin issue only comes into play if you enter the country on a tourist-visa, and need to get a Non-O stamp, before getting your initial annual extension.

However, in the past many years, I've never used the 800K method before, only the monthly income affidavit method.

Does it matter in the case that this is the first time I am using the 800K method for this extension?

Hey OP. I use slightly different form of deposit into my Thai bank. Has worked for last 7 yrs. The point is I have never been asked about where money came from. I bring 25k usd every time im back home country. Then convert here in los and deposit. When time for extension I always bring with me my withdrawal slips from Au bank. Never been asked. Just stick the 800k baht in YOUR sole account and all done. Just a thought, you could just let your pension accrue in home country and transfer to your Thai bank 3 months prior to extension.

17 minutes ago, sleepy99 said:

However, in the past many years, I've never used the 800K method before, only the monthly income affidavit method.

Does it matter in the case that this is the first time I am using the 800K method for this extension?

It should not - I have never heard of this being asked in those circumstances.

3 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Nope, don't think so. AFAIK, always have to be account of your name only.

Some have mentioned that those with 2x the minimum (so, 1.6M Baht minimum for 3 mo) have been allowed to use a joint-account.  I do not know if this is a "they sometimes let you under X circumstances" or "always OK" policy, though - so would recommend a separate account.

25 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I bring cash each time and never asked for how the money is deposited.

Think you might mean, where money came from, but in any event your correct. I have on few ocassions deposited 1mill baht into Thai bank. Money I physically carried in from AU. When doing extension, I have always taken with me the withdrawal receipts from my au bank in case they asked where the money came from. Never been asked where the money came from. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error