Print your own drink driving stickers, foundation advises Thai public

webfact

Print your own drink driving stickers, foundation advises Thai public

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The head of Thailand's Don't Drive Drunk Foundation is determined to lower the death toll from drink driving this New Year. 

So he has called on the public to download stickers from his website. : www.ddd.or.th 

If you haven't got the capability to print stickers you can get ones from the DDD by calling 02 757 0044. 

They say in Thai: "Mai Khrap - Tong Khap" or as translated by the DDD "No Drink I Drive".

Dr Thaejing Siriphanich wants designated drivers at functions to proudly display the stickers so servers and others are not tempted to ply them with booze. 

Dr Thaejing recognised that stopping alcohol at functions at New Year was unlikely to succeed but he wants to see the accident rate lowered. Hence the stickers.

He told Daily News that 300 people would die in the seven deadly days of New Year (December 27th to January 2nd) with many related to drink driving. 

Thaivisa notes that his 300 dead assessment may be a conservative estimate based on the carnage from previous years. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-20
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

They say in Thai: "Mai Khrap - Tong Khap" or as translated by the DDD "No Drink I Drive".

Stickers, I guess they have that child like appeal. Too bad they can't just use that tongue in their head to say "NO, I'm driving". And why can't the sticker have a picture of Pokémon or Hello KItty on it?

Edited by PatOngo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, webfact said:

Dr Thaejing Siriphanich wants designated drivers at functions to proudly display the stickers so servers and others are not tempted to ply them with booze. 

So its the severs fault now that people choose to drink and drive? Heaven forbid it should be the fault of the drivers themselves. 

Edited by Dmaxdan
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Stickers, I guess they have that child like appeal. Too bad they can't just use that tongue in their head to say "NO, I'm driving". And why can't the sticker have a picture of Pokémon or Hello KItty on it?

Don't forget!! A drunk Thai will put one on his windscreen to confuse the RTP!????????????????

• Haha 2