Driving school in Pattaya

AlexCanada

My girlfriend is looking for a driving school in Pattaya.  Finding a good school that will teach her well is more important than price.  
Find an one where you can make the test and only need to go to Banglamung for get the driving license. In Bangsaray there one at Sukumvit.

Skickat från min Mi A1 via Tapatalk

My daughter is mixed Thai/English.  She has a provisional UK licence and has had quite a few lessons in the UK, so she does know how to drive.  She decided to get her Thai licence with a  Thai training school when she last visited.  The utter crap that they were teaching her goes a long way to explain the poor standard of driving here and the danger.  She passed of course,.  Don't be too quick to think that your wife will learn to drive safely using one of those schools.  The school that my daughter used was in the north, so I can't speak for the ones in Pattaya. 

There have been a number of threads on this over the years. It really depends on the individual instructor and how much the pupil pushes to learn. Generally (and borne out by an ex) they teach them to pass the test which involves very little (actually pretty much none) in the way of road awareness/traffic conditions. She was taken most days to the parking area at the stadium at Chaiapruek to practice and had to push to be allowed to drive back to the office on Klang - no dual controls however..........

OP if you can get a recommendation for a specific instructor ( @jimn ?) she will have a much better chance.

Archived