Chinese visitors to Thailand hit 10 million for 1st time

snoop1130

Chinese visitors to Thailand hit 10 million for 1st time

137686283_15452900317151n.jpg

BANGKOK, Dec. 20 (Xinhua) -- Thailand has announced the arrival of the 10 millionth Chinese visitor in 2018 in Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi Airport, a milestone for the country's tourism industry.

He Weixin, the 10 millionth Chinese visitor who was from China's Yunnan province, disembarked from a Thai Airways International flight from Kunming on Wednesday, and was welcomed by the Tourism Authority of Thailand along with representatives from the tourism-related public and private sectors.

Presiding over the airport welcome ceremony, Weerasak Kowsurat, the minister of Tourism and Sports, said China is Thailand's largest tourism market with Chinese arrivals constituting one-third of the overall number of visitors to Thailand.

"The welcoming of the 10 millionth Chinese tourist for 2018, for the first time ever for Thailand, reiterates the Thai tourism industry's ongoing efforts to strengthen the awareness of Thailand as a top destination," said Weerasak.

Full Story: http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-12/20/c_137686283.htm

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

T.A.T. an absolute joke, 1 week Chinese tourists numbers down 20%, next week record numbers of Chinese tourists visiting Thailand.

Do the idiots actually believe the s+++e they post?

Yes. I believe that they do.

35 minutes ago, colinneil said:

T.A.T. an absolute joke, 1 week Chinese tourists numbers down 20%, next week record numbers of Chinese tourists visiting Thailand.

Do the idiots actually believe the s+++e they post?

It's more to do with them making statements their peers want to hear. TAT know their aim is to increase tourists numbers, so they say that irrespective of any 'inconvenient truths'.

As we know, telling the truth is often not considered important here.

Oh gawd help me.do I have to get up in the morning and read this crap.i like to read taxi driver returns missing valuables,big joke cleans up Pattaya beach single handed.then again it's all a load of crap.TATs numbers are all over the place,they don't know their arse from their elbow.next weeks announcement will be TAT welcomes it 9 millionth visitors,no 10th,no 11th,no 12,no 10th.good one that though,send in a rep with a bunch of flowers and claim victory.give the TAT rep a pair of para wings for coming up with this nonsense.

22 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

And there they are again, TAT, week after week whining and moaning how Chinese visitor numbers have dwindled and are in the doldrums.... and then they proudly announce a record 10 million visitors. So what is it now?

50% decrease in Chiang Mai and 20% nationwide. That was the report as of last month. 

Now it’s 10 million for the first time.

And people wonder why expats don’t believe a word of anything here and tend to have a negative view towards Thais. The amount of lies and nonsense coming from them on a daily basis in the news alone is enough to drive a sane person crazy. 

5 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

This is how they deal with the pressure to get more Chinese tourists, they just fabricate the figures. 

If anyone remembers, over 700,000 cancelled their holidays this season after the boat accident. Then more after the airport guard punched the Chinese tourist in the face. And those are the admitted numbers so you know they are much higher.

And then like magic... a new record.

10 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Don't TAT count tourist figures twice? The 30+ million is actually only 15 million. They count the flight in as 1 and the flight out as 1.

Please God, don't tell me that, today wasn't a good day already, I don't need to go jumping down any rabbit holes.

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

If anyone remembers, over 700,000 cancelled their holidays this season after the boat accident. Then more after the airport guard punched the Chinese tourist in the face. And those are the admitted numbers so you know they are much higher.

And then like magic... a new record.

Indeed, and what I think worries me a little, is there is never any correction of the rubbery numbers from the government. Serial feats of magic appear to be embraced and assimilated into the Prayuth miracle. But it's all manure, there are just too many contradictions for them to have any credibility at all..

And yet... nothing at all from the miracle-workers-in-chief. Very strange. It's almost as if they know that it's all manure but that they are intellectually so far in advance of the man in the street that they think whatever they say will be drunk right down like another batch of Kool-Aid.

I'm afraid this must be another facet of behaviour which points to Thais being essentially a bit thick. Not politically correct perhaps, but it does seem to be factually correct.

Ok 10 mio Chinese..fair enough....this may explain why dozens of hotels are closing, restaurants are rarely full, retailers have a significant drop of revenue, streets are not as crowded for a high season and why many international inbound flights into BKK,  have rows of empty seats...

21 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Ok 10 mio Chinese..fair enough....this may explain why dozens of hotels are closing, restaurants are rarely full, retailers have a significant drop of revenue, streets are not as crowded for a high season and why many international inbound flights into BKK,  have rows of empty seats...

Parallel universes. Trust me, they explain everything.

On 12/20/2018 at 6:13 AM, Misterwhisper said:

And there they are again, TAT, week after week whining and moaning how Chinese visitor numbers have dwindled and are in the doldrums.... and then they proudly announce a record 10 million visitors. So what is it now?

It was asked how TAT would spin the slumping tourist numbers....it appears the past few days we are getting a full on press. In order to remain at the trough they have to show success at bringing people back. Never mind the ultimate proof of the Bhat being spent or even looking at the streets of the popular destinations. Spin baby spin!

12 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Don't TAT count tourist figures twice? The 30+ million is actually only 15 million. They count the flight in as 1 and the flight out as 1.

Counted the arms and legs and forgot to divide by 4

Archived