After work permit cancellation..

Hello,friends,

I need your kind opinion regarding my re-entry in Thailand after cancellation of my work permit.

I was working in Thailand with work permit and extension of one year. 

I have resigned my job on 15th Sept. 2018 and left the country.

My employer have cancelled my work permit already.

Still i have visa extension up to 20th. June 2019 on my passport.

Also i have multiple entry permit valid up to June 2019.

My Q is>>Can i re enter in Thailand with same valid visa? or Extension is still valid to come to Thailand for few days?

Kindly help me out pls. Your guidance will be very helpful to me by all aspects. 

Thank you so much.

Edited by yannee4u
For proper information.

Ok..Gr8 information.In my case i resigned on 14th. and left (Exit) on 15th.Sept.due to emergency.

From my side nothing been done. While cancelling my WP by my employer might have done that. Or automatically my extension got cancelled in the system i believe.

9 minutes ago, yannee4u said:

Yes, that's true but while exit from suwarnbhumi airport immigration officer didn't any cancellation stamp on my passport.

Sorry, just an opinion but that sounds pretty weak.  I expect they pay more attention to the information in their computer than what's on paper in your passport.  Good luck to you. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, yannee4u said:

Ok..Gr8 information.In my case i resigned on 14th. and left (Exit) on 15th.Sept.due to emergency.

From my side nothing been done. While cancelling my WP by my employer might have done that. Or automatically my extension got cancelled in the system i believe.

Your extension could not have been cancelled without your passport. It hasn't been cancelled as far as immigration records are concerned.

You or your employer could/should of cancelled the work permit.

• Like 1

Yes, exactly..Before I exit the country, i had handover my WP to my employer to cancel.Only WP has been cancelled by immigration department.Without my passport,extension can't be cancelled manually. I believe each employer has to give application to cancel the extension. Otherwise extension is VALID in the immigration record.I hope this make sense.

5 hours ago, yannee4u said:

Yes, exactly..Before I exit the country, i had handover my WP to my employer to cancel.Only WP has been cancelled by immigration department.Without my passport,extension can't be cancelled manually. I believe each employer has to give application to cancel the extension. Otherwise extension is VALID in the immigration record.I hope this make sense.

Not really.

Either you or you employer can cancel your WP. Immigration have nothing to do with WP issue or cancellation. The WP would be cancelled at the issuing labour office.

It is the extension holders responsibility to cancel the permit to stay with immigration, not the employer.

The extension of stay is issued by immigration because you are working; so as soon as that work ends the extension should be cancelled and is technically void if not cancelled.

If you don’t cancel the extension — and stay in the country after your work ends and get caught — immigration could retrospectively cancel the extension from the date your work finished and put you in an overstay situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gr8..Thank you so much "elviajero" for your detailed clarifications. Very helpful to me to resolve my queries. Yes, u r right, my extension of stay must be cancelled by me before i left. Coz of such emergency i had left just next day of last working day. So, i will carry tourist visa with me to enter in Thailand again but not with my extension. Thank you so much to all of you for your kind support.