Savannakhet - Non O - Thai dependents.

Hi Guys, 

I'm planning a trip to Savannakhet on Sunday. Haven't been for about five or six or seven years for this visa, so thought I better check in here. 
I used to get a single or multiple Non-O based Thai kids here, birth-certificate, application form, photos. 
Is this still the case? 
I'm divorced from a Thai but have legal custody of the children. 
Do they still do the Non-O under these circumstances or would I be better applying for a tourist visa?  I have no previous tourist visas this calendar year.

Thanks, 
GFL

Only a single entry Non O is possible at Savannakhet on the basis of being the parent of a Thai. Multiple entry Non O is only for the spouse of a Thai. I believe you will need the child's original birth certificate plus a copy, and a copy of the child's house registration book.

If you go for a tourist visa, ensure you have a copy of a recent bank statement (or updated bank book) showing at least the equivalent of 20,000 baht. Showing cash is not a valid substitute.

Penang will issue a multiple entry non-o visa based upon being the parent of a Thai. You would need to show 400k baht in a bank or proof of 40k baht income.

Since you are the legal father of you by way of marriage you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration based upon being he parent of a Thai. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.