Over 100 road-racing motorcyclists descend on Pattaya roads

rooster59

Over 100 road-racing motorcyclists descend on Pattaya roads

By The Nation

motorbikes.JPG

More than 100 motorcyclists took part in road racing on two roads in Pattaya early on Saturday, with no police presence to stop the illegal events.

Tipped off by local residents, reporters from The Nation went to the area at 2am and found motorcyclists gathered on Sukhumvit Road and Jomthian 2 Road in Tambon Nong Plue of Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district.

The motorcyclists were seen racing from Theppasit Intersection to Chaiyapruek Intersection on Sukhumvit Road.

Several of them showed off by raising their front wheels during the race.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360936

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-22
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Benmart said:

There appear to be no mobile, traffic police that enforce traffic laws and cite violators in Pattaya. Lawless roads, where violators operate with impunity. 

They are talking about Sukhumvit, not a central Pattaya road !

To give you an idea, it's about 3 km from the (in)famous Walking Street.

I am happy to see traffic police on Beach Rd, 2Nd Rd and 3rd Rd

because these are the main streets of Pattaya where local traffic and activity is.

Sukhumvit is mainly used by vehicles going North/South who don't stop in Pattaya.

Kids being kids at 2 am. Glad none was injured. Hopefully, they will grow out of it before they do themselves any serious injury. Parents, it's 2 am, do you know where your children are?

• Like 1

So the Nation did not bother tp ring the BIB nor the neighbours. That would have been the responsible thing to do and smart as well. If Police stop it they get some kudos. If they don't bother then run a story with  "Our reporter rang Maj so and so at relevant police station and informed him of what was going to happen but Police chose to ignore it. Inactive post coming up when senior copper in the area is booted in the arse and he loses face.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ronrat said:

So the Nation did not bother tp ring the BIB nor the neighbours. That would have been the responsible thing to do and smart as well. If Police stop it they get some kudos. If they don't bother then run a story with  "Our reporter rang Maj so and so at relevant police station and informed him of what was going to happen but Police chose to ignore it. Inactive post coming up when senior copper in the area is booted in the arse and he loses face.

I agree. If this wasn't reported (by a news organization) maybe there could have been a law suit if there would of been a fatality. To know of a crime being committed and not acting is at least morally irresponsible.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:
1 hour ago, ronrat said:

I agree. If this wasn't reported (by a news organization) maybe there could have been a law suit if there would of been a fatality. To know of a crime being committed and not acting is at least morally irresponsible

Meny had called police and meny times including me and my wife but nothing happens because of lazy police there only hurting farangs 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

Yes & that's just the way we like it here.

If you want to live in a nanny state, then I'm sure you can find your way to the airport. You will have no problem finding what you desire in Farang land.

Who,exactly,is we?

And thank you for your original turn of phrase..""you can find your way to the airport"-had to think long and hard about that whilst you were lurking under a bridge,eh?

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, NoBrainer said:

Yes & that's just the way we like it here.

If you want to live in a nanny state, then I'm sure you can find your way to the airport. You will have no problem finding what you desire in Farang land.

WE???.....''that's the way ahh haa ahh haa ''you like it ''..... the great 70's disco KC and the sunshine band...have a good one

16 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

They are talking about Sukhumvit, not a central Pattaya road !

To give you an idea, it's about 3 km from the (in)famous Walking Street.

I am happy to see traffic police on Beach Rd, 2Nd Rd and 3rd Rd

because these are the main streets of Pattaya where local traffic and activity is.

Sukhumvit is mainly used by vehicles going North/South who don't stop in Pattaya.

You muppet it is still within Pattaya City Council area, in case you didn't know Pattaya City extends about a kilometre up to the east of Sukhimvit Road. We have same problem in Soi Khao Noi every afternoon after school the kids go home toss off their shoes put on flip flops and jump on their bikes and start roaring up and down the Soi. Where's Nongprue police? in airconditioned office counting their ill-gotten gains waiting for 8pm so they can shut up shop and go home