Immigration police return lost wallet to Malaysian tourist in Yala

rooster59

Immigration police return lost wallet to Malaysian tourist in Yala

By The Nation

Immigration police returned a wallet with cash and credit cards to a Malaysian tourist on Saturday morning after he dropped it in front of an immigration counter on Friday night.

The tourist, Low Han Ben, reclaimed his purse at the Betong border checkpoint at 7.30am and thanked the tourist police.

An official found the wallet on the floor in front of a check-in counter. The wallet had Bt5,240 in cash and 1,170 ringgits and several credit cards. Officials checked footage from security cameras to find that the wallet belonged to Low.

Immigration police then checked various major hotels in Betong until the tourist was located and told he could pick up his wallet.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30360946

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-12-22

52 minutes ago, Thaiwrath said:

In most countries, an immigration officer would be expected to return lost items to their rightful owners, and I am not sure it would make any news

The fact that it is "news" seems to infer that it is a rare event and that the norm would be for the lost items to be trousered.

sack him, he is taking a job reserved for taxi drivers.Also fake news, as no huge plastic poster, no big joke,no bunch of flowers as a reward and biggest of all no pointing at "lost" wallet.

I should only believe these stories when TAT tells them(thats what my mummy told me)

Archived