O a multi entry

ello can any one advise on this please ..next year i return back to thailand permanent..i normally get a o

a multi entry from the tnai embassy in paris  im married ..my wife is thai .ive been told that if i come in again with the same visa and do my 90 day reports as usual then just before expiry go to loas and renew the visa ..is it simply as go over the border and come back with the visa ..that seems far to easy   or do i go to the thai embassy there and go thru the same process as in paris ..ive been told o a multi better way to go than retirment or marriage visa  perhaps  can anyone comment on that please   thanks  any help appriciated

Edited by PoorSucker
Removed underline

As the multiple O-A visa is valid for 1 year every entry gives one year permission to stay.

If entering last day of the visas validity you will still get another year permission to stay.

Be aware that you need a re-entry permit during this year to keep your stay if you travel abroad.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Harveyboy said:

i normally get a o

a multi entry from the tnai embassy in paris

In that case, get another one and use as described in previous post.

Saves you almost 2 year of dealing with extension at Thailand immigration, proof of funds, bank account etc. pp. Only 90 day report.

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

In that case, get another one and use as described in previous post.

Saves you almost 2 year of dealing with extension at Thailand immigration, proof of funds, bank account etc. pp. Only 90 day report.

Not really. In France, to get a new Visa-OA (when you already had one) you must prove 800kB in a Thai bank... :glare:

Thai Embassy in Paris makes most Thai visa very difficult to get compared to Embassies in other countries.

http://www.thaiembassy.fr/fr/visa-rdv/les-types-de-visa-et-les-documents-necessaires/visa-o-long-stay/ (French)

18 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

with Multi Entry you're not making any 90 days report you must bunch the border every 90 days and make a new TM30 every 90 days.

He has a OA long stay visa that allows one year entries not 90 days like a standard multiple entry non immigrant visa does.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

He has a OA long stay visa that allows one year entries not 90 days like a standard multiple entry non immigrant visa does.

so I have to imagine this because is not mention anywhere that he got an OA...

1 hour ago, Pattaya46 said:

Not really. In France, to get a new Visa-OA (when you already had one) you must prove 800kB in a Thai bank... :glare:

Wow, that's quite a harassment.

In this case it does not make sense to apply for another one.

20 minutes ago, MekkOne said:

so I have to imagine this because is not mention anywhere that he got an OA...

Had me thinking he meant the other one too, given the reference to married to a Thai, and the line break between "o" and "a" in the text, the lower case "a" in the title, and reference to "Laos" - where one might be inclined to travel to get a fresh "based on marriage" Non-O-ME. 

But re-reading, "Non-OA" is the likely referenced visa, given his 90-day reporting and "renewal" meaning "obtaining a fresh 1-year permitted-stay stamp," which gets him a 2nd year of use from it.