Secure Housing Compounds

Yorkshire Lass

Hi!

My house was broken into again last weekend (the second time in 9 months) in a compound which 'claims' to have 24-hour security. Last time all all the electrical stuff went (tv, Playstation, keyboard, laptop etc) and this time they more electical stuff plus the safe complete with passports, cash and credit cards.... To say I am a little cheesed off is an underestimation! :o

Can anyone recommend a housing compound in or around Chiang Mai which takes security VERY seriously??

Thanks

YL

Hi!

My house was broken into again last weekend (the second time in 9 months) in a compound which 'claims' to have 24-hour security. Last time all all the electrical stuff went (tv, Playstation, keyboard, laptop etc) and this time they more electical stuff plus the safe complete with passports, cash and credit cards.... To say I am a little cheesed off is an underestimation! :D

Can anyone recommend a housing compound in or around Chiang Mai which takes security VERY seriously??

Thanks

YL

Anybody from Yorkshire, particularly South, should be used to being regularly done over like this.. :o

try either 'Home in Park' or 'Koolapunt ville' (samoeng & hang dong Rd's) both secure...

Hi!

My house was broken into again last weekend (the second time in 9 months) in a compound which 'claims' to have 24-hour security. Last time all all the electrical stuff went (tv, Playstation, keyboard, laptop etc) and this time they more electical stuff plus the safe complete with passports, cash and credit cards.... To say I am a little cheesed off is an underestimation! :D

Thanks

YL

Anybody from Yorkshire, particularly South, should be used to being regularly done over like this.. :o

try either 'Home in Park' or 'Koolapunt ville' (samoeng & hang dong Rd's) both secure...

YES I am from South Yorkshire and NO I have never been 'done over' after 38 years of living there.... so the experience is very alien to me - and not very nice.

You have my sympathies YL and yes it really does piss one off. I had a massive one last year, and they just about cleaned the place out. I should have learned after the first couple of petty break-ins, but didn't. Now I am surrounded by bars on all doors and windows, motion sensors at all points, and whopping big red 10" fire bells, that annoy the neighbours something rotten, along with the 500 watt floodlights.. All that, coupled with a dangerous duck that prows the gardens, I feel relatively at ease. There is nowhere really secure with the exception of a high security condo, unless you have someone in the house at all times, and even that is not a 100% guarantee unfortunately.

You have my sympathies YL and yes it really does piss one off. I had a massive one last year, and they just about cleaned the place out. I should have learned after the first couple of petty break-ins, but didn't. Now I am surrounded by bars on all doors and windows, motion sensors at all points, and whopping big red 10" fire bells, that annoy the neighbours something rotten, along with the 500 watt floodlights.. All that, coupled with a dangerous duck that prows the gardens, I feel relatively at ease. There is nowhere really secure with the exception of a high security condo, unless you have someone in the house at all times, and even that is not a 100% guarantee unfortunately.

Your place must look something like this then.....

post-31110-1171978977_thumb.jpg

Hi!

Thanks

YL

YES I am from South Yorkshire and NO I have never been 'done over' after 38 years of living there.... so the experience is very alien to me - and not very nice.

It wasn't a dig dear.. you're very lucky.. me 38 yrs S.Y. too

Guess we just don't come from the same area's.. huh?

sleep tight

Hi!

Thanks

YL

Sorry to here of your problems Yorkshire Lass. I am also from South Yorkshire (Sheffield) and also never had any problems there or here in fact in San Sai there are many nice and highly secure moo baan around here and would recommend this part of the city without hesitation. Land and Houses, Pimuk 1 and 2 also Wong Bua Tong maybe worth a look at.

I can only imagine how you feel :o

As I said in other posts, I live in a condo for this very reason. A break in is one of my recurring nightmares, second only to my teeth falling apart :D ( a bit of humor to cheer you up, mate).

Remembering the bad adventure of Maejo Man, this year, while I was in Italy , I bought a tiny wireless alarm at one of those big Castorama (Depot style) malls. It comes with a remote control and works with batteries. You just fix it above the door with "two side adhesive tape" and it has a 110 db siren (which scared the hel_l out of me the first time I forgot to switch it off). 40 euros.

I'm sure your post will remind people to prevent before is too late.

Hope you'll find a safer place soon.

Edited by KhunMarco

Sorry to know this happen to you ,

Many time is a inside job . which mean , someone know you rob you . sorry to said so . but without knowing your net worth sometime is not worth robbing .

Install a Close circuit Camera . ( only you know . No one else - Put it on a 3 days cycle )

Nowaday you can get a Harddive Camera Which automated delete OLD file every 3-7 days . Hide it really well .

DOn't let your maid or anyone else know it beside you and the install guy . ( get down ID for Install guy whahahha )

Install . Alarm Wire on Large Object . like a trap wire . when you MOVE thing like TV , Mirco wave ,. any object that is worth anything but seldom MOVE . it will Send off a Alarm . so loud it scare the shit out of the person trying to do so .

Those red BELL is a wonder .. try puting . a few of those AIR horn use for Truck . there are really good .

My friends house install like 3 pair of Air horn . use on large truck . in his room . when he was moving house . we help to carry off the Safe box .. forget to disarm the air horn .. scare the shit out of the 3 thai friends and me trying to move that safe box whahhahahahah almost smash our own leg dropping the safe box whhahaha .

Well i have snake in my house . mad crazy dog that jump on even the water guy that send water and refuse to eat anything beside broken hand and legs whahah

Be really good friends with people staying around you ..

notthing is better the your next door friends . who will sometime help you .

another way is to keep value thing in one room . and secure that one room .

the smaller the area the easier it will be to secure it . to secure the whole compound will cost you alot .

i never keep my passport in safe . i just chuck my passport over the table whahah that why i never lose it whhah

all money should be in the bank . ATM is really a great invention

escape path - if someone need to rob your house there NEED a CAR . - so what you can do is THink carfully how there can park their car .

And install a Camera There Hidding it well of cos . getting the CAR is as good as getting the Robber .

MARK your Valued ITEM . - usually i have some kinda sticker and Id tag on most of my value item .

i learn it the hard way . when my digital cam was stolen some years ago ..

There is about 10 store along chang puek road . with deal with second hand Goods .

Go hunt for your stuff there . sometime . some silly robber would sell it off for quick cash .

if you are lucky .

last but not the smartest put a police box outside your house . the police will come your house and sign it every few hour . but that you got to pay like 1-2k a month i think .

Coming from South yorkshire

Hi!

Thanks

YL

sleep tight

If you come from S.yorks you should be fine, Urdu and Bahazi as your native languages :D with a smattering of english, have you ever thought that it might be your Turbans , and lingering odours of dhall and chappatis that might be upsetting the neighbours :D myself I cant see anything wrong in bringing yorkshire culture to Chiangmai, but I dont think thailand is ready for flat caps and whippets yet :D Nignoy

Hi!

Thanks

YL

sleep tight

Doncaster... is it the same area? Nignoy.... we don't speak much Urdu and Bahazi in South Yorkshire travel west in the county you may be nearer the mark!!

Thanks everyone for the very useful comments and information. It is a big help. :D

YL

If you come from S.yorks you should be fine, Urdu and Bahazi as your native languages :D with a smattering of english, have you ever thought that it might be your Turbans , and lingering odours of dhall and chappatis that might be upsetting the neighbours :o myself I cant see anything wrong in bringing yorkshire culture to Chiangmai, but I dont think thailand is ready for flat caps and whippets yet :D Nignoy

:D

Hi!

Thanks

YL

sleep tight

Doncaster... is it the same area? Nignoy.... we don't speak much Urdu and Bahazi in South Yorkshire travel west in the county you may be nearer the mark!!

Thanks everyone for the very useful comments and information. It is a big help. :D

YL

:D

If you come from S.yorks you should be fine, Urdu and Bahazi as your native languages :D with a smattering of english, have you ever thought that it might be your Turbans , and lingering odours of dhall and chappatis that might be upsetting the neighbours :o myself I cant see anything wrong in bringing yorkshire culture to Chiangmai, but I dont think thailand is ready for flat caps and whippets yet :D Nignoy

Wash your mouth out Doncaster :D Wigan born and Bred, gone colonial preaching the gospel according to Billy Boston to the natives of Queensland :D Nignoy