Elephants join search for 2-year-old Myanmar boy missing for 6 days in Suphan Buri sugarcane plantation

webfact

Elephants join search for 2-year-old Myanmar boy missing for 6 days in Suphan Buri sugarcane plantation

2018-12-23_21-32-57.jpg

Photo by www.thairath.co.th

Four elephants were this morning employed to help some 300 police, military personnel, local administration officials and private rescue workers in a massive search for a two-yearขold Myanmar boy who has gone missing in a thick sugarcane plantation in U-Thong district of the central province of Suphan Buri for almost a week.

Besides the four elephants, a police helicopter, drones, sniffer dogs and frogmen have also been mobilized to look for Tsu Loe-piew, the son of a couple of Myanmar migrant workers who have been working as sugarcane cutters in the plantation in Tambon Sapung Lan.

It was reported that the boy was playing with his elder sister before he went missing without any traces. Suphan Buri provincial governor Nimit Wanchaithanawong said a command centre had been set up with him as the head to organize the search in a systematic manner.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/elephants-join-search-for-2-year-old-myanmar-boy-missing-for-6-days-in-suphan-buri-sugarcane-plantation/

thaipbs.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-12-24

50 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Difficult to see how deploying elephants would help significantly. How about getting some drones in the air with infra red heat seeking cameras?

"Besides the four elephants, a police helicopter, drones, sniffer dogs and frogmen have also been mobilized"

11 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

Quote: "frogmen have also been mobilized" - in a sugar cane plantation!! Perhaps they are local villagers searching for the amphibian kind!

Did you actually read the post or do you just like being obnoxious? There is a 2 year old child missing for goodness sake try to show a little bit of respect and decency. 

1 hour ago, Tongjaw said:

Did you actually read the post or do you just like being obnoxious? There is a 2 year old child missing for goodness sake try to show a little bit of respect and decency. 

Yes I know fully well there is a young child missing and the concern involved but why send frogmen? Do you live among sugar plantations like I do her in Isaan? I am not obnoxious and sincerely hope they find the child.

4 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes I know fully well there is a young child missing and the concern involved but why send frogmen? Do you live among sugar plantations like I do her in Isaan? I am not obnoxious and sincerely hope they find the child.

9ec13306100feade1b59060bfd5a7b4a.jpeg

9 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

My wife and her family grow sugar so I know water is involved. If you would have read the article you would have gathered that the frogmen will be used to search all wells in the plantation. 

Archived