Transferring stamps to new passport

Whether you need to do it at immigration or on departure from the country depends on your status here. Unless on a extension of stay many offices will not do it if you are only on a visa or visa exempt entry.

You will need a letter from your embassy requesting the stamp transfer.

Copies for a both passport photo pages and all visas and stamps for Thailand in the old passport at some offices. Other will only want a copy of your visa, entry stamp from it, your most recent entry stamp and extension of stay stamp.

This form is from immigration website. Transfer Stamps To A New Passport Some offices will have their own form.

There is no official fee for the stamp transfer.

• Like 1

Last week i got my new British passport. Took old and new passports to IO at Jomtien, along with the letter given to me by HMPO in Bangkok. Needed to get a few photocopies done at immigration, then submitted everything and had to go back the next day to collect my passports. Didn't take long at all and free of charge

You go to the office upstairs in Phuket Town, where they used to do the retirement permit and other stuff. From what I remember from some old posts (hidden in other threads) its a fairly painless experience. There should be a Vol up there to assist in what paperwork you need. No doubt it will be copies of all the relevant pages of your old passport, details page of your new passport and the embassy letter.

May be worth amending the title and have the thread moved to Phuket for future reference and updating.

• Like 1

You go to the office upstairs in Phuket Town, where they used to do the retirement permit and other stuff. From what I remember from some old posts (hidden in other threads) its a fairly painless experience. There should be a Vol up there to assist in what paperwork you need. No doubt it will be copies of all the relevant pages of your old passport, details page of your new passport and the embassy letter.

May be worth amending the title and have the thread moved to Phuket for future reference and updating.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app