Road safety centers now operating nationwide

webfact

Road safety centers now operating nationwide

file.jpg

FILE photo

NAKHON PATHOM, 27th December 2018 (NNT) – Road safety operation centers have opened nationwide to secure roads during the holiday period. 

The center in Nakhon Pathom province has undertaken disaster response rehearsals and is providing vehicle checks for commuters. 

In Kamphaengphet, the center is working with the provincial transport office and relevant agencies to inspect the readiness of public transport vehicles and their drivers, focusing especially on the readiness of GPS tracking systems, seatbelts, seating and driver sobriety. 

In Phichit province, a caravan of rescue vehicles has been assembled to rapidly respond to any emergencies. Checkpoints have been set up throughout the province and a mobile unit is inspecting road conditions in key areas. Phichit Governor Woraphan Suwanus chaired the dispatch of the caravan, urging them to ensure the safety of holiday travelers. 

Phrae Governor Pongrat Piromrat chaired the opening of his province’s road safety center, saying it should work to facilitate the safe travels of those on holidays so that they are comfortable as well as safe. 

Mahasarakam Governor Kriatisak Chantra launched a National Safety Day event at his province’s center, which included the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation simulating road accidents and fires, before dispatching rescue workers who will be operating during the New Year’s period. 

In Samut Sakorn, Governor Somkid Chantamaruek used the opening ceremony of the road safety center to remind drivers to be mindful of their safety and to allow strict inspections of their vehicles for their own benefit.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-12-27

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

I think Thailand needs to go back to basics when it

comes to any driving or riding.

You could start the police off on this one.

then move up to level 2.

Level 1

ite shoelace.jpg

Level 2

toy.jpg

When i see a Thai trying to park the car i always chuckle and know for sure that they never played with dinkytoys....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, fruitman said:

When i see a Thai trying to park the car i always chuckle and know for sure that they never played with dinkytoys....

but it is more likely they played with Tonka Toys, the ones sold as being so tough you bash them together

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

This is reassuring news.

Obviously another one not been long in Thailand. Every New Year and Song Kran is the same.......'voluteers' in tents by the roadside, watching telly, playing phones, drinking coffee, not one of them watching the road users. 

Stopped by one today, 3 kids on motor bikes, no helmets. Did they stop them.........did they <deleted>.!

Edited by metisdead
8.) You will not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities.
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Obviously another one not been long in Thailand. Every New Year and Song Kran is the same.......'voluteers' in tents by the roadside, watching telly, playing phones, drinking coffee, not one of them watching the road users. 

Stopped by one today, 3 kids on motor bikes, no helmets. Did they stop them.........did they <deleted>.!

Don't do irony then....?

• Thanks 1

They need a police force that enforces road rules, helmets and seatbelts are the least of their problems, its bad drivers, or ignorant drivers that are the real problem. Too bad Prayut can't use S44 to push for immediate changes, like mandatory retesting of all drivers on road rules, and especially retest everyone using actual road tests, not the silly parking lot dance they do now, or brown bag bought licenses. Use S44 to impound vehicles of drivers driving aggressively in traffic, with heavy fines, this should stop the nitwits crossing solid lines, not using blinkers, using the emergency lanes for high-speed passing lanes, speeding into Off-Ramps and On-Ramps to cut around slower traffic (thus creating more traffic, or dead people), etc.  Instead he uses S44 to hang on to his dictatorship, which is all he will be remembered for, what a waste.

Road safety in operation! Aha, so that is why Ban Na Dai Police Box was holding a muster parade yesterday afternoon! A couple of dozen coppers drawn up up in three ranks (dressing was a bit iffy but never mind) in the turn left lane at the junction, whilst the OC stood in front of them, on the edge of the go ahead lane. No warning signs or anything. One speeding pick up with a texting driver and it would have looked like someone had dropped a box of airfix soldiers!

19 hours ago, webfact said:

a caravan of rescue vehicles has been assembled to rapidly respond

Pray tell how will they get to the accident scene when drivers fail to pull over or yield to emergency vehicles - according to some reports they actually block them.

Edited by Prairieboy
spelling

17 hours ago, fruitman said:

I watched one yesterday - available space was nearly two car lengths - nosed the car in then tried to parallel park - no clue on methodology.  The car ended up about 1 m from the curb. 

Edited by Prairieboy
correct spelling

Here is a perfect example why Thailand will never change, this is an ignorant Thai driver (typical HI-SO) parked inside a crosswalk at a hospital yesterday, in front of a "No parking" sign, in front of a security guard (useless HI-SO serf). To add more ignorance to the situation, he is cleaning his car and blocking other people who need to dropoff or pickup people. This happens almost daily when I have to pick up my wife and child, you can see several of these nitwits blocking people in wheelchair access vans, people with babies, injured, and ambulances from unloading patients. Road safety? I call what they teach here as "road rule ignorance". Maybe what Thailand needs is to hire Western Officers to come and teach the RTP how to handle idiots behind the wheel, because they clearly can't get the job done.

20181227_154900.jpg

• Like 1