Tall Thai Buildings

PaulUSA302

I often hear how poor the Thai People are but there must be some very rich Thai people here to build some of these very big buildings! Here in the USA, in my state of Delaware, our buildings are dwarfed by those erected in Bangkok!

Imagine the wads of money it must take to maintain such a big erection....

It makes the mind wobble....

I often hear how poor the Thai People are but there must be some very rich Thai people here to build some of these very big buildings! Here in the USA, in my state of Delaware, our buildings are dwarfed by those erected in Bangkok!

Imagine the wads of money it must take to maintain such a big erection....

It makes the mind wobble....

Sorry, wrong thread, I do not meet the physical criteria.

I thought I was safe since I got the title from a Pattaya Today news article LOL

Large Erections

Printer friendly version Send to a friend

Posted by Admin / 28. November 2005, 19:26

I thought it was pretty telling the other day when the Bangkok Post only carried one and a half pages of real estate advertising, and both projects being advertised were high end condos being built in Pattaya. To my mind this reflected the struggling Bangkok market and vibrant Pattaya, which keeps growing with another high class condo being marketed seemingly by the week.

Jomtien Beach

If you think about it for a moment, most, if not all, of the foreigner-targeted condo developments going up in Pattaya are described as high end stuff. But then again, how many developers would say “buy in my development – it’s crap”. Only the brave, the suicidal or the mentally defective, I’d wager. But it is interesting to note that following North Shore, we have had La Royale, The Sails, Ocean Marina II, North Point (another massive Raimon Land development to be built in North Pattaya), and the Regent Pratumnak, which is going up rapidly and will be completed years before any of the others, apart from maybe Northshore.There are strong market rumours of a massive develo- pment being planned by seasoned developers in Jomtien (I have heard everything from 88 floors to 50), and another big one planned for Bang Saray Beach. But again, these are a long way off.My point, if I can aggrandize this article by pretending it has one, is that when people say to me “ahh, there’s too much condo building going on in Pattaya. There will soon be an oversupply”, I say “that’s <deleted> mate”. If you wanted to move into a posh new condo right now, where could you easily find one? Granted in 4 years time there may be an oversupply, and perhaps even then there won’t be, given Pattaya’s current and projected growth, but right now, there is certainly no condo oversupply. So where would I buy if I were looking for a condo, and what would be my criteria. Well, at this stage in the property cycle, I wouldn’t lay out huge sums on a condo in a development which is years away from even starting construction, unless there were special reasons for me to do so. Some of the most recently announced stuff is still being drawn on paper, and has yet to apply for planning permission. I don’t want to be paying a developer monthly

The Regent Pratumnak Condo

instalments for the next few years whilst he finalises his designs and haggles with the authorities to get planning permissions sorted out. However, if I liked the development, the location, the developer, and felt completion was this side of Armageddon, and I actually wanted to live in the condo, then I would have fewer qualms about buying in a development completing far in the future. But if I were to buy now, I am on record from a year ago as liking the Pratumnak Regent Condo development (shown above). Scheduled to complete in 2006, it is already 70% sold, is soundly financed, well designed and is being built by reputable builders K Tech. There are views over Pattaya Bay from the upper floors, the price includes all fittings, and a lot of thought has gone into design and features. Call main selling agent David Gray at East Coast Real Estate on 038 723 615 for further details on price, financing and location.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bad Hair Day

Mine’s Shorter Than Yours

The recent trend in what can be loosely, if inaccurately, called “hairstyles” sported by the Pattaya real estate community, and shown most recently in my photo taken at the Mabprachan Lake View agents’ viewings, is causing confusion amongst people who are unable to distinguish previously distinctive agents from one another. Shown in my photo are three people, I can’t recall who, as they morph into one another, all sporting the same coconut hairstyles. Contact me on pattayareal- [email protected]

By Peter Lloyd.

Printed from: http://www.pattayatoday.net/index.php?acti...ews&id=1387

Edited by PaulUSA302