Cost for web page and hosting

AlexCanada

My girlfriend wants a web page for her business.  She was quoted 1990 baht per month for someone to create a simple web page and host it.  This seems quite high imo.  I know creating a simple page takes no time at all and a web host should be fairly cheap since the traffic will not be high.  A domain name costs next to nothing as well.

Anyone know a person who can do web page design and a good company to host?

Where else can Thai people advertise for free or very cheap?  Facebook is not drawing any customers.

There are many companies that offer this combo deal and often there's some extra service included like some sort of very basic SEO each month.

Most web hosts can be bought under $100/year, I think Hawkhost is $39/year, and Namecheap also has a deal for a few dozen dollars/year for a plan that allows you to host one website.

For the website itself, there are thousands of free Wordpress themes or paid ones at ThemeForest for $50-$70 for a more professional look, then it's just a matter of adding some content and adjusting settings and be done.

Main take away, don't let the web designer take care of the host, as you always end up paying more that way. If you get web hosting at any host the name servers will be set automatically so all you need to do is log in to the Cpanel to install Wordpress, and then you can hand it over to a web designer if you insist.

Cheap web designers can be found at Guru, Freelancer, PeoplePerHour, Upwork, heck maybe even at Fiverr.

Most web designers aren't really designers these days, they get a premium theme, make some adjustments, and publish your content and call it a day so I think it can be done for under $200, maybe less.

7 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

My girlfriend wants a web page for her business.  She was quoted 1990 baht per month for someone to create a simple web page and host it.  

Sounds like a typical Thai rip-off price to me.

Buy your own domain name and shared hosting from some hosting company outside of Thailand. 50USD per year or less should cover it, especially if you can pay several years in advance. I like OVH and Spiralhosting but there are others. I do not like GoDaddy and similar. Do not be misled by companies that charge monthly prices with many extras or who give you the free use of a domain without you actually owning it. Pick one that includes one-click Wordpress installation (nearly all do).

Advice from previous poster is correct, though for some odd reason it wasnt visible when I replied to the thread just now. Weird.

49 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Sounds like a typical Thai rip-off price to me.

Yes definitely.  Told my girlfriend this and she went ahead to try 1 month for 1990 baht anyways.  I even told her I would post on here and have an answer for her by tomorrow.  She said they promised her to top of the list for a search on Google.  As if!

In the background I will put something together and present it to her.  A referral to a decent web page designer would be much appreciated.  Just something basic which is what I think is all she will get anyways.

1 hour ago, AlexCanada said:

Yes definitely.  Told my girlfriend this and she went ahead to try 1 month for 1990 baht anyways.  I even told her I would post on here and have an answer for her by tomorrow.  She said they promised her to top of the list for a search on Google.  As if!

In the background I will put something together and present it to her.  A referral to a decent web page designer would be much appreciated.  Just something basic which is what I think is all she will get anyways.

I used to offer an SEO Service for $100/month a few years back, but back then it was still easy to rank sites with PBN links only, which fitted fine in the budget as I ran my own network. Such techniques aren't gonna cut it today but the deal looks interesting of course so people do buy it in the hopes they will make a passive income from it or get more clients.

6 hours ago, AlexCanada said:

A referral to a decent web page designer would be much appreciated.  Just something basic which is what I think is all she will get anyways.

The advantage of Wordpress is that you really dont need any help for a simple site. Just spend an hour or two looking at examples of free Wordpress templates, then select one you like.

There are more websites explaining how to use Wordpress than you can shake a stick at.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 12:50 AM, KittenKong said:

The advantage of Wordpress is that you really dont need any help for a simple site. Just spend an hour or two looking at examples of free Wordpress templates, then select one you like.

There are more websites explaining how to use Wordpress than you can shake a stick at.

And...if you need someone to assist with building a Wordpress website, you can hire someone on Upwork.com for "small money". Basic shared economy hosting should cost you around 500 Baht per month.

I found a cheap site, but they don't have what I need.

They only offer webspace with very few (down to one) eMail addresses *or* email service with *zero* web space. Both makes no sense to me, but the hosting starts at 600 Bath *per year* for web space and 1000 *per year* for 50 email addresses.

https://thaidomainhosting.com/

Unfortunately they are to inflexible to host the cheapest web package together with the second best email package under the same domain (which makes no sense imho, but alas) However someone else may like them. The support is very responsive, so I guess they make an overall good impression, just they offer not what I need.

If anyone knows a good hoster that has at least 100 email addresses *and* 1Mb web space, very low traffic, for a competitive price, please PM me or post here.

Archived