What Have The Thais Given The World ?

ollyrosee

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Without Thailand there would be no Thai Visa Forum; but I suppose many of the forum members would create another website for whatever country they were staying in and whine there.

And without the lovely women there'd be a lot less farang men! Beauty can be such a tiresome burden. I'm glad I was born plain. But I have a beautiful mind. Keep it rolling G, I love this input.

Thanks qwertz. I will try

Tata Young :o

Don't forget Nong Natt (also known as Nat Chanampa)!

A legend now!

Who dat? :D

Google her. Make sure the filter is switched to adult. If you use google groups there are some links to still download her video, though the cultural police are still trying to block thosesites. Why would they deny the world one of their best exports?

When the Burmese army sacked and razed Ayuddhaya to the ground, the archives of Thai history were lost. With them, much of the early history of Muay Thai also went. :o

The little we do know, comes from the writings of the Burmese, Cambodian, early European visitors and some of the chronicles of the Lanna Kingdom - Chiangmai.

What all sources agree on, is that Muay Thai began as a close combat battlefield fighting skill. More deadly than the weapons it replaced.

As to where Muay Thai came from, its evolution, the sources aren't clear and often contradict each other. But there are two main theories.

One says that the art developed as the Thai people moved down from China; honed in the struggle for land. The other theory says that the Thai people were already here and that Muay Thai developed to defend the land and people from constant invasion threats.

The second, while controversial, has considerable academic backing and archaeological evidence. :D

http://www.wmtc.nu/html/wmc03_mthist.html

The second 'theory' (is it still a theory if it is backed by academics and archaeological evidence or is it fact?) obviously pertains to the origins of 'Muay Thai' being Khmer, and influenced by all areas within the SEA region.

Thanks for that :-) Very interesting.

Either way, at the end of the day, they are all only just fancy ways to describe the same thing:

- karate

- boxing

- liverpool kiss

Making someone else feel zee power, the power of zee fist, teach me zee art of Muay Thai.

When the Burmese army sacked and razed Ayuddhaya to the ground, the archives of Thai history were lost. With them, much of the early history of Muay Thai also went. :o

The little we do know, comes from the writings of the Burmese, Cambodian, early European visitors and some of the chronicles of the Lanna Kingdom - Chiangmai.

What all sources agree on, is that Muay Thai began as a close combat battlefield fighting skill. More deadly than the weapons it replaced.

As to where Muay Thai came from, its evolution, the sources aren't clear and often contradict each other. But there are two main theories.

One says that the art developed as the Thai people moved down from China; honed in the struggle for land. The other theory says that the Thai people were already here and that Muay Thai developed to defend the land and people from constant invasion threats.

The second, while controversial, has considerable academic backing and archaeological evidence. :D

http://www.wmtc.nu/html/wmc03_mthist.html

The second 'theory' (is it still a theory if it is backed by academics and archaeological evidence or is it fact?) obviously pertains to the origins of 'Muay Thai' being Khmer, and influenced by all areas within the SEA region.

Thanks for that :-) Very interesting.

Either way, at the end of the day, they are all only just fancy ways to describe the same thing:

- karate

- boxing

- liverpool kiss

Making someone else feel zee power, the power of zee fist, teach me zee art of Muay Thai.

Anyway, what about a hand for the Scots? For such a miniscule nation they've managed to run up a formidable score on groundbreaking inventions. (From an envious Sassenach)

But an Irishman invented the submarine.

And the English first thought up concentration camps.

Thailand should come to grips with the fact the greatest thing they have is the world's greatest whores. That, indeed, is an achievement. And one that the we all should enjoy

The sad thing is it's the truth. Thais like to make believe that people come here to experience the marvelous culture and what not but if you see your average foreign male expat of any age or nationality most aren't ogling the temples.

Thailand should come to grips with the fact the greatest thing they have is the world's greatest whores. That, indeed, is an achievement. And one that the we all should enjoy

The sad thing is it's the truth. Thais like to make believe that people come here to experience the marvelous culture and what not but if you see your average foreign male expat of any age or nationality most aren't ogling the temples.

I just booked a temple toure. :o

I just booked a temple toure. :D

Perhaps..but I bet that's not why you decided to stay in Thailand :o

late to the party , but here's the answer .................... :D

thaifront.jpg

Maybe, if she lost 5 years and 10 kgs.

Looks like my ex wife with silicon!

Well she looks fine to me!

Those of you that said negative things about her, please post a picture of your current partner.

:o

thaifront.jpg

Well she looks fine to me!

Those of you that said negative things about her, please post a picture of your current partner.

:o

My better half..post-31110-1172066855_thumb.jpg

they are a friendly and insular people who have never imposed themselves (at least not in living memory) on their neighbours , they generally mind their own business and resent interference in their affairs by others.

their lack of inquisitiveness in the broader picture is probably why they have never come up with any world shattering inventions or sent men to the moon.

western influence is slowly but surely subverting all the good things about this country

the world would probably be better off with more countries like thailand.

thaifront.jpg

I like the one in the middle, since she's got some color! :o:D:D

Good! I'll take the two pale ones.