What Have The Thais Given The World ?

ollyrosee

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In OP, Red Bull brand was creted by this Austrian guy with thai manufacturers.

Let's see what the future brings. :o

Red bull is controlled by thailand.Austria has 49%(one shareholder) thailand 51%(Two shareholders)

Thank you. And it was first created by the Thai company too. One of the Thai owners is one of the richest men in Thailand. In fact, he's worh about $2+ billion.

Red bull is controlled by thailand.Austria has 49%(one shareholder) thailand 51%(Two shareholders)

Thank you. And it was first created by the Thai company too. One of the Thai owners is one of the richest men in Thailand. In fact, he's worh about $2+ billion.

Chaleo Yoovidhya and his son hold 51% and only 49% belongs to Dietrich Mateschitz.

Chaleo Yoovidhya and his son hold 51% and only 49% belongs to Dietrich Mateschitz.

That's correct, what else do you expect from a foreign thai partnership in Thailand. I don't mean to be rude but dear Dietrich was the marketer with ideas and without him red bull would be another m-150 or carabao drink.

This reminds me, Carabao and the cuisine.

We all know if there was no Dietrich nobody in europe would know red bull.

What is funny is that in Thailand, Red Bull is associated with the poor population and in Europe was the coolest thing in clubs 10 years ago and now the general product.

Edited by sonnyJ

I think this topic is somewhat redundant. What's the point of the question? So one can say that a nation is superior because of the efforts of an individual man, such as an inventor?

That's a pretty shallow way to look at the world.

How about we take a leaf from Kennedy's book, what has the world done for Thailand?

I agree, this thread seems like an invitation to either slag off Thailand and Thai people or to slag off everyone else. :o

I agree. Thats why I began to read it. There are also possibilities to bring out some positive sides and maybe some thruths. Great has it been..

That's correct, what else do you expect from a foreign thai partnership in Thailand. I don't mean to be rude but dear Dietrich was the marketer with ideas and without him red bull would be another m-150 or carabao drink.

This reminds me, Carabao and the cuisine.

We all know if there was no Dietrich nobody in europe would know red bull.

What is funny is that in Thailand, Red Bull is associated with the poor population and in Europe was the coolest thing in clubs 10 years ago and now the general product.

What's funnier was, after your ignorant claim about the Austrain guy created Red Bull was already comprehensively dismissed, you still showed more ignorance with the above comment. Red Bull was already a well known product across Aisa before Chaleo had a partnership with Dietrich. Dietrich definitely bought his expertise in European and North American markets to help Red Bull grow. But if you were fair and not pompous, you would agree to rightly give credit to Chaloe who stared the whole thing too. Chaleo also had a vision and understood Dietrich's expertise to share the ownership with him.

Besides, I don't think, in your life time, you will ever accomplish a thousandth or even a millionth of what Chaleo has anyway. No offense.

I agree. Thats why I began to read it. There are also possibilities to bring out some positive sides and maybe some thruths. Great has it been..

Yeah, true. It would also be very nice if some people have checked their "truths" before they posted. Not trying to act like a pompus holier-than-thou farang who always tries to put Thais down might also probably have helped as well.

And "I don't mean to be rude" to you. :o

Edited by ThaiGoon

"Cambodian kickboxing known as Pradal Serey (literally meaning free fighting) is virtually identical to Muay Thai, and bouts are often held between Thai and Cambodian contestants. The Khmer Rouge banned the sport just as Muay Thai was becoming internationally popular, adding to Cambodia’s isolation. Now it’s firmly back on the sports agenda, and kickboxing gyms are opening up throughout the country. It is believed by the Cambodians that Pradal Serey historically precedes Muay Thai, and there has been much debate of the true origins of the sport."

Don't know how accurate this all is, sourced from here.

So it should be Khmer Muay Thai??...

Don't know about the origins but copying is the name of the game around here.

"Cambodian kickboxing known as Pradal Serey (literally meaning free fighting) is virtually identical to Muay Thai, and bouts are often held between Thai and Cambodian contestants. The Khmer Rouge banned the sport just as Muay Thai was becoming internationally popular, adding to Cambodia’s isolation. Now it’s firmly back on the sports agenda, and kickboxing gyms are opening up throughout the country. It is believed by the Cambodians that Pradal Serey historically precedes Muay Thai, and there has been much debate of the true origins of the sport."

Did you read that part? "Believed by the Cambodians." It was believed by you that Dietrich created Red Bull and that Thailand produce a lot less rubber than other SE Asian/and Soth American countries. Did it make it true?

I recall reading that in antiquity Thailand was responsible for the first domestication and systemic cultivation of the grain now known as rice.

Meaning that if true, Thailand is indirectly responsible for keeping billions of impoverished people from starving.

Can any other nation past or present make such a claim?

Maybe the bronze too. Might upset some people though.

Did you read that part? "Believed by the Cambodians." It was believed by you that Dietrich created Red Bull and that Thailand produce a lot less rubber than other SE Asian/and Soth American countries. Did it make it true?

I do believe that they just mixed water and sugar on all these occasions.

Please don't tell me what I or anyone believes in, OK?

And the English first thought up concentration camps.

But we finns were the first to build them, no?

Dunno, but we had them in the Boer war, maybe before that. what's your input?

Around 1917 civil war. Maybe we were late then. Details remain unclear.

And the English first thought up concentration camps.

But we finns were the first to build them, no?

Dunno, but we had them in the Boer war, maybe before that. what's your input?

Around 1917 civil war. Maybe we were late then. Details remain unclear.

Some historians say they were used in the American war of independence and in their civil war too. Don't know the facts. But the name is appropriate, I suppose nothing concentrates your thinking better than a spell in one.

Edited by qwertz

Next you will be telling me that French Fries aren't really French :o

french fries are not French at all, it's Belgian!

it's from the verb "to french" = cut in slizes, not from France !!

french fries are from Belgium !!

just like the only people ever being able to resist the Romans, remember; Ceasar; the Belgian people are the bravest of all; Vincentorius, the only one ever to concur 3 Roman legions, remember Charlemagne, karel de Grote, Charles the great the first great King of Europe ... yep, his home was in Belgium, where was Napoleon defeated? first country to have ATM? first skyscrapwer in Europe, biggest jewel trading in the world, 2nd biggest port in the world, second biggest petrochemie in the world, saxophone, big-bang theory, 16 most important paintings in Le Louvre, first laws on patents, treaty of Genth, the atomium, the first eaxct clock in the world, the place where Karl Marx wrote his book of communism, battle of the bulge, when Hitler lost the war, first telephones in the world, doping, Rubens, school of Van Gogh, photography, Alcatel Bell, 1.500 beers, chocolats, bakeliet ( the first plastic in the world) founders of modern Amsterdam(remember NY used to be called New Amsterdam), founding of the bourse of Munich, primitivisme, Sabena, now broke, but the only airplane company in the world without any accidents .... the only nation in the world that has never, ever attacked any other country !!

and so much more ...

what has Thailand given to the world ?

I was told Yakult, but I'm not sure about that ...

no, the best thing it has given, is a place to run to when you're sick and tired of the bullshit of your own country, they welcome you with a smaile and much more ...

althought that Thai food is actually Laos, just like the silk, Thai handycrafts are in fact Karen, Thai boxing is Myamar etc.

did anybody had a good look at the royal palace, I used to love eclectisme, but that's a real bad example !

Quote LP: french fries are not French at all, it's Belgian!

it's from the verb "to french" = cut in slizes, not from France !!

I may have to stand corrected here but I always thought it was "trancher"

I believe "to french" has quite a different and not directly culinary meaning, especially where I live.

And French fries in French have no national tag, they're usually called pommes frites

I was told Yakult, but I'm not sure about that ...

I believe Yakult was invented in Japan in the 1930's . . . strangely enough the actual name is supposedly derived from Espirantu for yoghurt.

Belgium? Nice place - - - best food in Europe for my taste! Nice people and mad drivers.

Thailand - good for a rest and to feel humbled by the average person's humility and friendliness.

1) Theraveda Buddhism

2) Great food

3) One of my favorite styles of architecture (Traditional style)

4) Hot chicks and lots of 'em

Not necessarily in that order... :o

Number 1 is incorrect.. Origin of the School

The Theravāda school is ultimately derived from the Vibhajjavāda grouping[2] which emerged amongst the older Sthavira group at the time of the Third Buddhist Council (circa 250 BCE), during the reign of Emperor Asoka in India. After the Third Council, the Vibhajjavādins gradually evolve into four groups: the Mahīśāsaka, Kāśyapīya, Dharmaguptaka and the Tāmraparnīya. Theravada is descended from the Tāmraparnīya, which means 'the Sri Lankan lineage'. On the other hand, some sources claimed that Mahīśāsaka, Kāśyapīya and Dharmaguptaka did not evolve directly from Vibhajjavādins.

The name of Tamraparniya was given to the Sri Lankan lineage in India, and there is no indication that this referred to any change in doctrine or scripture, since the name points only to geographical location. The Theravadin accounts of its origins mention that it received the teachings that were agreed upon during the Third Buddhist Council, and these teachings were known as the Vibhajjavada.

Vibhajjavadins see themselves as the continuation of orthodox Sthaviras and after the Third Council continued to refer to their school as the Sthaviras/Theras ('The Elders'), although their doctrines is probably similar with the older Sthaviras but it is likely not identical. In the 7th century, Chinese pilgrims Xuanzang and Yi Jing refer to the Buddhist school in Sri Lanka as ‘Sthaviravada’. As the usage of Pali re-emerge to prominence, around the 11th century the Pali name ‘Theravada’ is used instead of their Sanskrit name

with the latest news from Jomtien , deckchair attendants that work a 24 hour service .

No other countries in this world have criminals? Only Thailand?

Mr. TG, good day, we've clashed before and even agreed on some points once. I love this thread, it wanders so much from the point only to return again, just as I do to Thailand. Since your question has nothing to do with what LOS has given the world, can you answer this: am I unusual in never having had problems with Thai People? Could I say say that, if nothing else, LOS has given many people like me the wish to always return? Is this a gift to the world?

with the latest news from Jomtien , deckchair attendants that work a 24 hour service .

Mr. TG, good day, we've clashed before and even agreed on some points once. I love this thread, it wanders so much from the point only to return again, just as I do to Thailand. Since your question has nothing to do with what LOS has given the world, can you answer this: am I unusual in never having had problems with Thai People? Could I say say that, if nothing else, LOS has given many people like me the wish to always return? Is this a gift to the world?

No, no. Seriously. No other countries have criminals, and if they d then they are teleported Thais. :o A cunning linguist, as usual.

No, no. Seriously. No other countries have criminals, and if they d then they are teleported Thais. :o A cunning linguist, as usual.

You little tinker! :D

No, no. Seriously. No other countries have criminals, and if they d then they are teleported Thais. :D A cunning linguist, as usual.

Did you say cunnilingus? :o