Old man.

findlay13

I rode the 650cc Vulcan 180km without a break yesterday, my back and 
backside were hurting from the standard seat, I normally pull up for a pit stop at about 100kms and for about that distance plus a bit more the original seat is ok for me. I also walked quite a bit and my knees were hurting too.I was using a walking stick as usual, but was limping badly,even though I'm still young and handsome [in my head] ????
A beautiful young lady about 20 or 25 [I can't tell] came up to me as I was waiting to walk across the road and said hello.I said "Hi" in my best handsome man voice.
Then,The lovely lady asked if she could Help me across ! A nice gesture for sure, but that's it ,my life is now officially over folks! I'm an old <deleted>.It's finished.All downhill from here ! I might as well start sleeping in a coffin now and save time.????????

At 67 I regularly ride the 200kms to my sons place. I too need that stop at 100kms for a pee, a bum break and stretch the legs. With years of football, a bad m'bike accident and just old age I walk seldom and only short distance. I haven't yet been offered help across the road but did recently catch sight of myself in a large mirror hanging in the petrol station toilets and my first impression was "who is that grey haired haggard old bugger". Never mind, someone has got to be the crazy grandad.

6 hours ago, findlay13 said:

I rode the 650cc Vulcan 180km without a break yesterday, my back and 
backside were hurting from the standard seat, I normally pull up for a pit stop at about 100kms 

I do 100K pit stops, my CRF seat is fine, my backsides and back have been in a motorcycle saddle since I can remember, riding my bike keeps me young and happy.

I took 4 days to get to Chang Mai from Khonkaen quite a few years ago now.Stopping off at friends in Udon Thani,Loei, and Uttradit along the way  but I rode straight back CM to KK, stopping every 100ks for petrol as I didn't know the route and though I'd keep the tank topped up.I only actually got off the bike once for about 10 minutes while I had a chicken pie and coke at a 7-11[standing up] I had a mustang seat.I certainly couldn't have done it with the original .I got to KK in about 8 hrs not speeding  much because as I said I didn't know the road.Parked the bike and didn't get back on it for 3 days! I don't think the body would handle that these days.

Here's a guy with an iron butt, Ratbike Milo.  He's made at least four runs where he covered 1,000 miles in a day on his 1970 Harley shovelhead.  It's not uncommon for him to go out for a couple-three weeks and do 7,000 - 9,000 miles. He's done over 615,000 miles (as of 2011) since 1975, and hasn't washed it since 1980.  I saw his bike in Washington, DC one time.  He rode in from Oregon.  He likes to cruise at about 130 km/hr.

http://ratbikemilo.com/site/rat-bike-history/

image.jpeg.e7c06dc2290b92b0d6a16d0999a9d4db.jpegimage.jpeg.ac03de9aadda5f549c83f35c576025f3.jpegimage.png.1188444454ec4d7c179fc70f9816a0ac.png

Here's a guy with an iron butt, Ratbike Milo.  He's made at least four runs where he covered 1,000 miles in a day on his 1970 Harley shovelhead.  It's not uncommon for him to go out for a couple-three weeks and do 7,000 - 9,000 miles. He's done over 615,000 miles (as of 2011) since 1975, and hasn't washed it since 1980.  I saw his bike in Washington, DC one time.  He rode in from Oregon.  He likes to cruise at about 130 km/hr.

http://ratbikemilo.com/site/rat-bike-history/

image.jpeg.e7c06dc2290b92b0d6a16d0999a9d4db.jpegimage.jpeg.ac03de9aadda5f549c83f35c576025f3.jpegimage.png.1188444454ec4d7c179fc70f9816a0ac.png
Where's the bike?
[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived