Rats, snakes and 2 tonnes of trash: Health officials seize house from hoarders in Surat Thani

rooster59

Rats, snakes and 2 tonnes of trash: Health officials seize house from hoarders in Surat Thani

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTUyNC83NjIzMDMwL3Nkd2FzZWdydC5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

More than 2 tonnes of trash has been removed from a townhouse in Surat Thani province.

Officials from the Ministry of Public Health were called in following complaints from neighbours. Upon inspection officials ordered the trash be removed and the filthy property cleaned.

Neighbours complained of the horrific smell at the property, which is currently occupied and which was swarming with rats, snakes and cockroaches.

It took workers more than three hours to remove the trash and further two days to clean and rid the property of the foul smell.

Officials said that the six people who live inside the townhouse have been warned to not let it fall into such a state again and have been educated regarding cleanliness and the risk to health in living amongst such conditions.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-12-30

s__3694633.jpg

s__124928035.jpg

35 minutes ago, DuiDui48 said:

How the heck ANYONE,nevertheless 6 people can actually live under such circumstances is...well i don't have words for it really..????

Yup, it happens all over the world, many places far, far worse. There's nowt as strange as folk.

I'm not sure if this was a case of hoarding or just plain laziness to take the garbage to the dump (at side of house).

I have met a number of hoarders in my life. It is certainly quite an interesting psychological bent. Personally, I've gone the opposite in my later years, "less is more".

14 minutes ago, neeray said:

I'm not sure if this was a case of hoarding or just plain laziness to take the garbage to the dump (at side of house).

I have met a number of hoarders in my life. It is certainly quite an interesting psychological bent. Personally, I've gone the opposite in my later years, "less is more".

I've found this to be one of the more difficult aspects of living with a Thai.

In Australia I would most appropriately have been described as a minimalist. I had the essentials in furniture, hardware, toys, etc., and gave away or dumped anything I didn't need. If something broke, it was tossed and replaced, not kept for possible future repair. Everything was stored in it's place.

Fast forward, after some years of living with a Thai lady, now I can't even enter some rooms in the house because of the stuff stacked there.  

(Note: It's not old food or filth, just household stuff. She cleans daily, including swiping an old wet rag over the floors.)

She can't bring herself to throw away anything that may have a use to someone for something. I know it is all about her old basic, frugal life up until the time she hit the jackpot, but I can never quite get her to understand she doesn't need to be that way any more.

33 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

In Australia I would most appropriately have been described as a minimalist. I had the essentials in furniture, hardware, toys, etc., and gave away or dumped anything I didn't need. If something broke, it was tossed and replaced, not kept for possible future repair. Everything was stored in it's place.

Fast forward, after some years of living with a Thai lady, now I can't even enter some rooms in the house because of the stuff stacked there.  

(Note: It's not old food or filth, just household stuff. She cleans daily, including swiping an old wet rag over the floors.)

She can't bring herself to throw away anything that may have a use to someone for something. I know it is all about her old basic, frugal life up until the time she hit the jackpot, but I can never quite get her to understand she doesn't need to be that way any more.

You lived with a hoarder, went to a ladies house in the US to do some electrical work. Every room was filled with stuff, the hall was filled to the 3 foot level on both sides leaving little path down the middle. This wasn't a suprise as her car was full as well only vlear area wasaround the drivers area. By the way she was not Thai

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

I know it is all about her old basic, frugal life up until the time she hit the jackpot, but I can never quite get her to understand she doesn't need to be that way any more.

how did you meet her?

what is/was her occupation before hitting the jackpot?

issan lady?

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

A psychological/chemical imbalance. I hope they get help. (besides the house cleanup)

As someone else said, it's a bit strange that 6 people were living there.   A family of 6 hoarders?  That's a new one...  6 disgusting tenants or owners?   Something is seriously amuck, if they had to "educate" the lot of them...

10 hours ago, Pete1980 said:

how did you meet her?

what is/was her occupation before hitting the jackpot?

issan lady?

This is not an actual question, more a suggestion that my wife is a prostitute. It's a deliberate insult to both her and myself.

It reveals more about your cowardice in writing anonymously, your lack of intellect, and dearth of knowledge about Thailand and how millions of very poor Thai people, from places like Isaan, migrate to the cities to take many different jobs in factories, offices, shops, etc. to scape out a living and support their families. A small percentage become bar workers. My wife never worked in a bar, but I won't honour your shit post by relating her journey nor how we met.        

20 hours ago, rooster59 said:

six people ...... have been educated regarding cleanliness and the risk to health....

Finally!  Now they will know how to throw their rubbish on the street as the rest of the population is trained to do. 

They should be taught basic cleanliness in the schools from day 1. 

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

This is not an actual question, more a suggestion that my wife is a prostitute. It's a deliberate insult to both her and myself.

It reveals more about your cowardice in writing anonymously, your lack of intellect, and dearth of knowledge about Thailand and how millions of very poor Thai people, from places like Isaan, migrate to the cities to take many different jobs in factories, offices, shops, etc. to scape out a living and support their families. A small percentage become bar workers. My wife never worked in a bar, but I won't honour your shit post by relating her journey nor how we met.        

Well said Sir......:wai:

On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 12:49 PM, Old Croc said:

a bit of a harsh generilization of all thai people. They are not all the same, some are hoarders,some live in very clean houses, some with house cleaners.

i have seen plenty of hoarders in australia who live in filthy messy houses.

it isnt a thai trait as you claim.

From my experience, generally speaking people from the south are a bit more house proud, neat andtidy,and issan peiple are the messiest, and even throw litter on their own land. But there are exceptions like in any community.

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 2:28 AM, Old Croc said:

This is not an actual question, more a suggestion that my wife is a prostitute. It's a deliberate insult to both her and myself

i made no such assumption

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 2:28 AM, Old Croc said:

It reveals more about your cowardice in writing anonymously, your lack of intellect, and dearth of knowledge about Thailand

i have probably forgotten more than you will ever know.

Archived