Early evening live music in mid-sukhumvit??

californiabeachboy

I have been coming to Thailand in the winter for several years. I always stay on Sukhumvit soi 33 at a serviced apartment. A couple of years ago I went to the courtyard at EmQuarter in the evening and they had nice music, I think sponsored by  a beer company. It was really nice, buy a couple of beers and watch sone live music, both Thai and Western.

But I was there last year and nothing was going on - they just filled the courtyard with stuff from upstairs. So I asked the consierge at the desk in Emquarter about the music and she said "we don't do that anymore."

I understand that things have changed in Thailand. But my question is.. are there any places within one or two BTS stops of Phrong Phom that has live music that starts before 10? I know the CheckInn 99, which I really like, but I cannot go there every night.

Thanks.

You could try Apoteka in Soi 11 or Saxafone out at Victory Monument (way out I know).  The live music bars like Hillary 2 in Soi 4 are OK at a push but the endless repertoire of rock (seems like a lot of these bands Google 'the world's top 50 rock songs' and play nothing much else.

22 hours ago, madmen said:

Good question. The best live music used to be bangkok beat soi 7/1 but long gone.

I to am curious about what's available lower Sukhumvit

Cannot undertand why someone does not bring back a Bangkok Beat type bar in this area. It was popular and is missed by many. 

• Like 1

Emquartier has live music quite often. There's also a rooftop bar called the escape where they often have a live electro violin guy playing.

Pullmann hotel, Sheraton etc all have live stuff too. There's tons of bars with live music around 33, soi 11 qlso has tons of live music (Australian pub etc)

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1