Lovely Pet Pigs Giveaway

luudee

I have two very lovely pigs, for whom I am trying to find a new home.

These are "Miniature" pigs. They are fully grown, but only 60 cm (2 feet) tall.
Both are female. Very good with kids, love to interact with people, love to
have their belly scratched ! We have had them since birth, but due to other
commitments can't take care of them any longer.

We would like to find a loving home for them (preferably with kids), where
they are treated as pets - NOT as food. They are very smart and clean. Love
swimming too.

Don't want any money, just a loving family who'll take care of them.

pig1.jpg

pig2.jpg

pig3.jpg

pig4.jpg

Pigs are not exactly what I have in mind for pets but I understand the concept that pets are not food.

Now the problem is obviously that not everybody understands and accepts this concept.

I think what you should do is sell them for considerable more than what they are worth in terms of food price. That will help that people want to keep these "expensive" animals alive.

If you find anybody who likes them as pets but does not want to pay then I suggest you should collect at least a guarantee. Maybe 10,000B or something like that and if the pigs are still alive in 6 months then you can give the guarantee back.

Good luck! You will need it.

2 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

Where did you buy them originally... I want to get a potbelly pig next year ????

We got them at the Theprasit Flea Market. When my kids saw them, they went nuts, they are incredibly cute when they fit in the palm of your hand !

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Pigs are not exactly what I have in mind for pets but I understand the concept that pets are not food.

Now the problem is obviously that not everybody understands and accepts this concept.

I think what you should do is sell them for considerable more than what they are worth in terms of food price. That will help that people want to keep these "expensive" animals alive.

If you find anybody who likes them as pets but does not want to pay then I suggest you should collect at least a guarantee. Maybe 10,000B or something like that and if the pigs are still alive in 6 months then you can give the guarantee back.

Good luck! You will need it.

Who is going to pay 10k security to a stranger for pigs when they can buy their own. 

Try to find a zoo or similar that will take them.

If not , start taking them on trips to forest areas for a walk. Hide food about you and throw it for them to find to get them fancier with foraging. Then set them free there at a later date.

Last resort ....... temple.

7 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

A friend's son bought home a "mini pig" from market about ten months ago, very cute, about ten inches long. As of now it's approaching 3 feet and around 70kg... ???? 

Does the son still play with it? Does he keep it in his bedroom?

Happy New Year!

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Does the son still play with it? Does he keep it in his bedroom?

Happy New Year!

The pig slept with him in the bedroom for a while, but toilet training proved impossible. It then moved into the spare bathroom and shower but that turned into a pigsty, now he has his own quarters in the back. As with many pets, the parents wound up doing most of the hard work, feeding etc. Although it's very novel to see the pig running around, it's not really a natural pet - cold and bristly to the touch, and doesn't seem to develop a bond with it's owner the same way dogs and cats do.

Happy New Year to you too! ????

8 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

The pig slept with him in the bedroom for a while, but toilet training proved impossible. It then moved into the spare bathroom and shower but that turned into a pigsty, now he has his own quarters in the back. As with many pets, the parents wound up doing most of the hard work, feeding etc. Although it's very novel to see the pig running around, it's not really a natural pet - cold and bristly to the touch, and doesn't seem to develop a bond with it's owner the same way dogs and cats do.

Happy New Year to you too! ????

That's very interesting. We have had exactly the opposite experience. The pigs were almost

naturally toilet trained when they were kept in house. And they always love to cuddle with us.

But yes, due to their size we keep them now outside, which they don't mind ...

Nappy New year guys !

rudi

13 minutes ago, luudee said:

That's very interesting. We have had exactly the opposite experience. The pigs were almost

naturally toilet trained when they were kept in house. And they always love to cuddle with us.

But yes, due to their size we keep them now outside, which they don't mind ...

Nappy New year guys !

rudi

Reading your post made me laugh????

You posted nappy new year, was that meant as happy new year, or was it a pun because it is about pigs toilet habits?

On 1/2/2019 at 9:21 AM, colinneil said:

Reading your post made me laugh????

You posted nappy new year, was that meant as happy new year, or was it a pun because it is about pigs toilet habits?

Sorry, just a typo ... HAPPY New Year !!!

Archived