Where can I get bacon and Indian style curry sauce?

Percy Penguin

I can't find anything much like bacon in CM. I bought a tub of something that looked like it might be small slices of bacon in Rimping but it turned out to be pig fat with slivers of something meaty but not quite bacon clinging to the sides. I then got a packet of something claiming to be bacon delivered from Tesco, but that doesn't look very edible either.

I thought I had found a curry sauce at Tesco but the guy pitched up without it. Is there anywhere else I should look? I'm talking about a jar of Madras or Rogan Josh or something. There was nothing like that in Rimping, as far as I could see.

"Tops" supermarket in Chiang Rai (Central Plaza) sell bacon, UK sausages and a variety of UK curry sauces in jars. Given that the expat population here is a fraction of Chiang Mai's, I should imagine that "Tops" in your Central Plaza has a wider range.

Both Tops and Rimping sell bacon, different 'styles' as well, i.e. English Back Bacon, etc.

Have also seen jars of curry sauce, from the UK, in both places, although they can be few and far between and often 'hidden' in the Imports rack.

Archived