Non-immigrant O (marriage) Vientiane requirements?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone recently applied for a non-o based on marriage in Vientiane? I've found a few topics about the subject, but they are all several years old. I'm wondering what the actual required paperwork is.

• Filled out visa form
  • Copies of passport
  • Copies of marriage certificate (2 and 3)
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and house book

These are pretty much a given, but what about "letter from spouse", copies of bank book, proof of address, etc.? Are any such documents necessary? If anyone has been there recently, I would very much appreciate an update about the requirements.

Thanks and happy new year.

I assume you understand that Vientiane only gives single entry Non O to visit your spouse.

Apart from the items you list, I believe they also want to see the original of your marriage certificate, though they do not keep it. Financial proof is not needed.

proof of address not required, think they use the spouse housebook for that. original marriage certificate is a must. no bank or finance details required and no letter from spouse required.

note as brit tim says above. you can only get a single entry at vientienne, for a one year multiple it needs to be done in savannaket with the same docs. multiple entry can also be done in saigon, vietnam with the same docs plus a letter from the spouse requesting the visa. think that's probably where you heard about the spouse letter.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, BritTim said:

I assume you understand that Vientiane only gives single entry Non O to visit your spouse.

Apart from the items you list, I believe they also want to see the original of your marriage certificate, though they do not keep it. Financial proof is not needed.

Just wonder what they would need if you have married abroad. Then the original is the local (in our case: Swiss) Marriage Certificate. The ampoe where my wife is registered then issued a KR.22 as a signed copy based on that. They keep the original KR.22 - which is a handwritten page in a big book, that is why they cannot give you any original. This all happened 13 years ago.

A KR.2 or Kr.3 is only issued if you marry in Thailand I think.

So in this case - what would be needed to present in Vientiane ?

7 minutes ago, moogradod said:

So in this case - what would be needed to present in Vientiane ?

You would only need the original and copy of your Swiss marriage certificate in English or Thai. They do not ask for a Kor Ror 2 or 22.

Immigration would want a printout of your Kor Ror 22 that you can get at a Amphoe to prove your marriage is still registered.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You would only need the original and copy of your Swiss marriage certificate in English or Thai. They do not ask for a Kor Ror 2 or 22.

Immigration would want a printout of your Kor Ror 22 that you can get at a Amphoe to prove your marriage is still registered.

Thank you ubonjoe.

I wish you a happy new year !

Happy 2562 to all! Got me to thinkin'

It would sure be great to forego the financial commitment, either for a spouse or retirement extension. Are you saying these extensions are possible at Savannakhet? With multiple entry? No requirement for re-entry permits? Should the wife be present?

Thanks. Sounds almost too good to be true!

12 minutes ago, unblocktheplanet said:

t would sure be great to forego the financial commitment, either for a spouse or retirement extension. Are you saying these extensions are possible at Savannakhet? With multiple entry? No requirement for re-entry permits? Should the wife be present?

You can only get a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage without financial proof at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet. Embassies and consulates do not do extensions,

A multiple entry visa requires leaving the country every 90 days for a new entry and is valid for one year from the date of issue,

Is it possible to extend an entry on a multi entry visa based on marriage by 60 days or do you have to leave and re-enter every 90 days or is an extension only possible on the last entry before the visa expires?

Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

s it possible to extend an entry on a multi entry visa based on marriage by 60 days or do you have to leave and re-enter every 90 days or is an extension only possible on the last entry before the visa expires?

You can apply for a 60 day extension of each 90 day entry.

But you have to be sure you leave and re-enter the just before you visa expires to get the extra 90 day from it that can be extended for 60 days,

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update to confirm the required documents in case someone has the same question. I just got back from Vientiane with my Non-O without any issues.

The required documents were:

• Filled-out visa form (make sure your pictures have white background. A guy with blue background had to retake his pictures)
  • Copies of your passport (photo page and Laos visa)
  • Copies of your marriage certificate (2 and 3)
  • Original marriage certificate (they just took a glance at number 3 and handed it back)
  • Signed copies of your wife's ID card and tabian baan

I had copies of my updated bank book and a few other documents with me as well, but they didn't ask for them. Now on to the great adventure of getting a 1 year extension in a couple of months. 

• Like 1