Visa question

Hi

For 2018 Ive been to Thailand 6 times prior to December and on each occasion about 20 days or less.  So approx about 110-120 days in thailand.   On my current trip from beginning of december i used a single entry visa and plan to return to UK on 12th Jan.   On this trip i was questioned why i come to Thailand so many times and i had to show my return flight.  Eventually they let me in.  

I plan to go back to Thailand on 23rd January, meaning ive been away for around 12 days.  What would be the best solution for me to get back in for 30 days and would i be denied entry?  I am basically coming to see my gf.

You could get another single entry tourist visa while in the UK.

Or you could get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht at immigration) that would keep the remainder for the 60 days you got when you entered last month. You would get stamped in up to the date your current 60 ends and then you extend for 30 days at a immigration office. Dependent upon the immigration office you go to you might be able to apply for 30 day extension and then get the re-entry permit that would be valid until the end of the 30 day extension.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You could get another single entry tourist visa while in the UK.

Or you could get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht at immigration) that would keep the remainder for the 60 days you got when you entered last month. You would get stamped in up to the date your current 60 ends and then you extend for 30 days at a immigration office. Dependent upon the immigration office you go to you might be able to apply for 30 day extension and then get the re-entry permit that would be valid until the end of the 30 day extension.

Would i get refused entry even if i apply for the another visa?  Where is the immigration ?

10 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Would i get refused entry even if i apply for the another visa?

Not likely IMO. It just depends upon the officer that stand in front of. 

10 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Where is the immigration ?

There are immigration office in all regions of the country. Where are you at now?

2 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

Would i get refused entry even if i apply for the another visa?

It's highly unlikely that you'd be denied entry. Worst case is usually questioning and/or a warning. On another day you could get stamped in - no questions asked.

If you are questioned it's a good idea to have a booked onward flight and hotel booking (if applicable), and - in your case - get a letter of invitation from your girlfriend with copies of her ID and house registration book, that confirms you are staying at her address (if applicable).

29 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

Thanks.  Whats the waiting time?  Do i need to make an appointment?

It will depend upon the day you go. The do not have appointments at immigration.

Best to get there early to beat the crowds. They handing out queue cards at 7 am that you will determine how soon you can get the queue number to apply for the extension. They close from 12 to 1 for lunch and stop giving out queue numbers at 3:30.

7 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

will i get the visa on the same day or need to come back?

Where will you be applying for a visa?

If mean doing something at immigration it will be done while your wait.

7 hours ago, pantsonfire said:

will i need any supporting documenation?

If you mean a re entry permit you will need copies of your passport  photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card. You will need a completed TM8 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo attached.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:35 PM, pantsonfire said:

On this trip i was questioned why i come to Thailand so many times and i had to show my return flight.  Eventually they let me in.  

If you have a Tourist Visa, you would never have problems entering, except at some airports (both in Bangkok) and one land-border (Poipet/Aranya).  At those locations, they are known to state rules/limits which do not exist, and then deny-entry using a different reason (written in the rejection-stamp).  This is unlikely to happen on your next entry, but the odds increase with additional time here.

One thing many (including me) had trouble adjusting to here, there is no universal "rule of law" you can count on with immigration - each separate office and entry point can do as they please - making up whatever laws/rules they want to claim exists - with no oversight to stop them.

If you will be staying in Thailand for considerable time in the future, the anti-West IOs at Bangkok airports will notice this, and attempt to stop your putting down roots by rejecting your entry.  Although there is no legal-limit on time you can spend in the country on Tourist Visas, those IOs think there should be, and enforce as though there were.  There is no effective oversight to force them to follow the law.

To circumvent their agenda, it is best to use routes into the country through law-abiding entry points - basically, any land-border other than Poipet/Aranya, and - since you are taking breaks out between stays, Chang Mai Airport, provided your flight clears Immigration there.

In any case - whatever entry-point you use, be sure and always have 20K Baht worth of cash or travelers checks to show.  And, if entering at the dangerous / lawless entry points, best to have a fight-out to show, even though this is not legally required if entering with a Tourist Visa, as the possession of this indicates you were pre-vetted for the basic qualifications of entry. 

• Like 1