Current situation in Vientiane regarding consecutive TV?

I've got 4 back to back TVs from Vientiane..but still no warning stamp. I was planning to get a last one before i get my new passport..but then there was this notice apparently saying they might get more strict. Im due to go there next week. Does anyone know if people with no warning stamp have been refused a TV so far? If not..i might give it a shot.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Great that you got 5 - despite this notice and then the usual over reaction on here 

Also nothing on the TVS site about them restricting TV's which would suggest to me nothing has changed at all

https://www.thaivisaservice.com/

ya, seems business as usual from what i could see. If not, i would be the prime canditate for being denied another TV.

13 hours ago, darrendsd said:

Great that you got 5 - despite this notice and then the usual over reaction on here 

Also nothing on the TVS site about them restricting TV's which would suggest to me nothing has changed at all

https://www.thaivisaservice.com/

Interesting how that "notice" appeared and disappeared so quickly.  It seems that there is a behind-the-scenes struggle on frequent-tourist policy.  Perhaps, in this case, a payment for the "more strict" policy was not made.  Given the volume-sales there, it would not be a cheap payment. 

More frequent rejections at the airports would be more cost-effective, in terms of the desired-effect - harming Thailand's appeal to Western visitors to reduce their numbers.

13 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Interesting how that "notice" appeared and disappeared so quickly.  It seems that there is a behind-the-scenes struggle on frequent-tourist policy.  Perhaps, in this case, a payment for the "more strict" policy was not made.  Given the volume-sales there, it would not be a cheap payment. 

More frequent rejections at the airports would be more cost-effective, in terms of the desired-effect - harming Thailand's appeal to Western visitors to reduce their numbers.

Probably down to the Immigration Officers at Nong Khai who I very much suspect get a nice monthly bonus from the Visa Run companies to be lenient on TV runners - the fact that virtually no one has issues at that border no matter what their history is to me suggests they are the I/Os are being well looked after